Bath&BodyWorks Vanilla Bean Noel Review (Body Lotion, Shower Gel, and Fine Fragrance Mist)

 Have you ever take one whiff of a fragrance and just knew it'd be your new favorite? That's what happened when I first smelled Bath&BodyWorks' Vanilla Bean Noel. Vanilla Bean Noel is part of Bath&BodyWorks' Holiday Traditions line and seems to be a fan favorite. I wasn't sure what to expect from this scent, for some reason I though it'd be some sort of minty vanilla. In this review I'll be covering the Body Lotion, Fine Fragrance Mist, and Shower Gel, all in one post! The Holiday Traditions line is limited edition and will only be available for a few more weeks so if you're interested, you best hurry! If you miss out, don't worry, Vanilla Bean Noel, and most of the other Holiday Traditions scents are repromoted each year. Vanilla Bean Noel is available in over twenty products ranging from body care to candles to lip gloss, however some are online exclusive. I have the full size 8fl oz Body Lotion, which retails for $11, but I got for free with a coupon. I also have the 3fl oz travel size Shower Gel and Fine Fragrance Mist, which I scored for $3.33 each. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand that makes their products in America.
 Bath&BodyWorks changes their packaging for Vanilla Bean Noel each year. This year's packaging is very cute! Each product's label is a little bit different, but all feature a majestic white stag with green metallic hearts hanging from his antlers. He's also wearing a green pearl necklace, because he is a fabulous stag. The name of the scent is written in white or green cursive letters. As usual, the shower gel and lotion come in a clear, hour glass shaped, plastic bottles. Vanilla Bean Noel's bottles are topped with metallic green caps with pop up dispensers. The Fine Fragrance Mist comes in a round plastic bottle with a green "fine fragrance pump'. Bath&BodyWorks claims that the fine fragrance pump "delivers great coverage and delicate mist for the lightest, most refreshing way to fragrance". Lol no. This is like any other spritzer. All Bath&BodyWorks packaging is recyclable.
 Vanilla Bean Noel is described as a "warm blend of fresh vanilla bean, smooth caramel, and rich, comforting cream". Warm it is! This scent is so cozy and definitely not the minty vanilla scent I thought it would be. I don't know why I made that assumption. I guess because it was green? Before I go on, let me list out the scent's notes.

Top Notes: Natural Vanilla, Sweet and Buttery Cream
Mid Notes: Caramel, A Hint of Chocolate
Dry Notes: Soft Musk, Sugar Cookies

I don't think Vanilla Bean Noel is quite as sweet as the scent notes would lead you to believe. It is sweet, don't get me wrong, but not sickeningly sugary. To me, Vanilla Bean Noel is straight up vanilla-y sugar cookies. There is a soft hint of musk as a base note that keeps Vanilla Bean Noel from being too sweet. The scent stays close to the skin. The fragrance stays the same across the board, but varies in intensity between products, being strongest in the Fine Fragrance Mist, and lightest in Body Lotion form. This sweet, warm scent lasts fairly well on the skin, especially if you layer your products. When I use all three of these products together I smell like Vanilla Bean Noel all day long. On to the formulas!

 Bath&BodyWorks offer an "exclusive hydrating, skin softening formula with shea butter, jojoba oil, and vitamin e to deliver all day moisture, making it the perfect every day lotion." I like Bath&BodyWorks lotions, they really are good for daily use. They're thin, non greasy, and sink in quickly. Usually the lotion is white, but Bath&BodyWorks was feeling festive and tinted this lotion a light green. I find this lotion formula adequately moisturizing and softening while imparting a small amount of fragrance onto the skin.
 I think most of you would remember that I haven't been a fan of Bath&Bodyworks Fine Fragrance Mists since they were reformulated this spring. They have such poor staying power, I can't really get more than 40 minutes of wear from it, which is a pathetic failure. Bath&BodyWorks say that they reduced the amount of alcohol in their body mists and increased the fragrance oils, but to me it seems like the opposite. I've put a decent dent into my Vanilla Bean Noel Fine Fragrance Mist already, because I need to use quite a bit to make it noticeable, and I need to respray throughout the day. If you purchase a full size bottle, I definitely recommend getting a travel size as well to take with you, because you will need to touch up.
As most Bath&BodyWorks aficionados know, they reformulated their shower gel to contain shea butter, making their formula "more bubbly than ever", all while giving you softer skin. This is my first bottle of the new and improved shower gel, and unlike the fine fragrance mist reformulation, I feel like this is a legit improvement! It's much bubblier and sudsier than it was before, it even looks bubblier in the bottle. Aside from that, not much has changed, I don't feel like its anymore moisturizing than it was before. I think Bath&BodyWorks are a lot of talk, honestly, they're nothing special, but I still like them because they're a decent value and what not.

Overall, I'm quite a fan of Vanilla Bean Noel, its probably one of my all time favorite Bath&BodyWorks scents. Its simple, something not a lot of Bath&BodyWorks non-seasonal scents are. This scent is beautifully packaged and so seasonally appropriate. Lasting power is pretty good, especially when layered. I definitely recommend this scent, so go out and get it while you still can! I plan to go back and pick up the lip gloss, pocket bac, and hand cream. I definitely can understand the hype around this scent! 

Ingredients:
Fragrance Mist:
Alcohol Denat, Water (Aqua, Eau), Fragrance (Parfum), Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 5 (CI 15985).

Body Lotion:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetaryl Alochol, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20. Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isodoecane, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Benzyl Benzoate, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Green 5 (CI 61570).

Shower Gel:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Oleth-10, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide MIPA, Lauramide MEA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Polyquaternium-7, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Castor Oil, PPG-12-Buteth-16, PEG-150 Pentaerythityl Tetrastearate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Dipropylene Glycol, Triethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride,  BHT, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchlorosisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Red 40 (16035).

special thanks to deano for helping me with the ingredients. <3 he's da bestest. 


5 comments

  1. I have a question about this. I want to know if you notice this too or if it's just me. I am in love with the body lotion. I stockup every ever and always run out before christmas. Now I HATE the body spray. It smells fake and off and not the same as the lotion in my opinion. What do you think? Or am I crazy??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about the body spray is a little cigarette-y to me...it goes away after like 2 minutes though. Is that similar to what you smell in it?

      Delete
    2. Maybe? I never really put a name to the scent that made it off from the other items. I always just pass on the spray. But know that you mentioned it, it might be a cigarette-y scent. hmm.

      Delete
  2. This is, by far, my favorite BBW scent. I look forward to it every holiday. Back in the day (like 10 years ago) they had it called something else and it was white instead with little blue beads. But I can't help but stock up on this scent once it's around. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary would marry this if she could.

    ReplyDelete