Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Dare Devil Lip Gloss Review

 Bare Minerals says that their Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss will "unleash your inner moxie with a fabulously full, pillowy pout. This luscious lip gloss delivers sheer, vivid color and a shiny, mirror like finish that lasts for hours. Infused with natural ingredients, exotic oils, botanical extracts, and antioxidants; the refreshing formula smooths and hydrates lips for superior comfort." Bare Minerals offers twelve shades of Marvelous Moxie, I have Dare Devil, which Bare Minerals describes as a "sparkling blackberry shade. I got a .07fl oz (2.25ml) deluxe sample of this lip gloss in my November Ipsy bag. The full size tube sells for $18. Bare Minerals is a cruelty free brand. This gloss was made in America. Bare Minerals products are available through the brand's website, at Bare Minerals boutiques, Sephora, and Ulta.
 This lip gloss has attractive packaging. A clear tube with a black cap that I believe is metal, or at least very metallic feeling plastic. The Bare Minerals logo wraps around the top of the tube, the name of the product is written vertically on the tube. All the lettering is black, which makes it really hard to read against Dare Devil's dark color. The black lettering probably works better for the other shades though. The Marvelous Moxie line of lip glosses has a really interesting applicator. Its a doe foot, but it curves backwards at a pretty steep angle. The applicator pulls out just the right amount of product for one application. I'm definitely a fan of this doe foot. Good job, Bare Minerals.
Dare Devil is an interesting color. At first I was quite intimidated by it, but upon swatching it I fell in love. In the tube, Dare Devil looks to be a deep purple toned berry shade with itsy bitsy shimmery particles. On the lips it is still the purpley-berry tone color it looks to be, but it pulls a little redder and is quite sheer. Not sheer in the lack of pigment way, but in the good but translucent color payoff way. This shade is surprisingly flattering and a great dark but wearable color for fall and winter. I've been wearing Dare Devil almost every day since I've received it. I've put quite a dent in my little sample tube. 
 I enjoy the formula of Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss. This lip gloss is fairly thin but it has a slight bit of tackiness to it, just the right amount in my opinion. The slight, smooth tackiness keeps this keeps this gloss on for about two hours, which is quite a while for me when it comes to any lip color, I just can't keep lip product on. Marvelous Moxie is a plumpking gloss, so it does tingle a bit on the lips, but not as much as other lip plumpers, like Buxom's Big&Healthy Lip Polish. This gloss does have a slight and pleasant cool feel to it. I don't feel like the plumping aspect of this gloss isn't very effective, I barely notice any increase in lip size, but my lips are naturally on the fuller side. My only real dislike is the scent. Marvelous Moxie Lip Glosses have a very strong scent, its minty but also kinda carmel-y. I just really don't like it, I find it kinda obnoxious. Luckily the scent/flavor doesn't cross over onto the lips.
I really love Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Dare Devil. This is not a color or a product I would've ever tried on my own. But that's why I subscribe to Ipsy, to try products from brands I normally wouldn't buy from. Dare Devil is no where near as dark as I expected. I love that this lip product is sheer, it makes it so much more wearable. If you're looking to buy a great winter lip gloss and have some extra money to spoil yourself with a high end product, I encourage you to try this Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss. Do avoid this stuff if you're scent sensitive though. I would definitely buy this gloss again if I can get a good deal on it, but I'll search for a dupe til then. 

Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Butter, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Vanillin, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Wax, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Eugenol, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Linalool, Sucrose Cocoate, Copper Gluconate, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Gluconate, Benzyl Benzoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Mica, Carmine (Ci 75470). May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 28 (Ci 45410), Red 27 (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (Ci 15850).

6 comments

  1. This gloss describes your personality =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol no. I am the most cautious bunny. :3

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh I might have to look into this...ive been obsessed with lip gloss lately lol its slightly cheaper than eyeshadow...kinda...sometimes...lol :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, its worth the price! Plus Bare Minerals might have it available in a value kit or something for the holidays.

      Delete
  3. Love this. This product alone made me go out and purchase the bare minerals starter kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it must've really made an impression on you! I'm not a fan of Bare Minerals foundations, but their Mineral Veil is awesome!

      Delete