Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser+Scrub Review




 Olay's Pore Minimizing Cleanser+Scrub is a "2-in-1 foaming cleanser that deep cleans and exfoliates to help minimize the appearance of pores. The Deep Cleansing Ribbons sweep away dirt and impurities, and the Exfoliating Microbead Ribbons refine the appearance of pores". Sounds simple enough. I'm a dedicated fan of Olay skincare, so when I had a couple of coupons I grabbed this 150ml (5fl oz) bottle at Ulta for just $4. This cleanser normally sells for around $7, though there will be a slight variance in price depending on where you buy it. Olay is owned by Proctor&Gamble, a company that does practice animal testing, but claims to be phasing these tests out. Do your own research on the subject before deciding to use Olay products. I can't find a specific country of origin on the bottle, but this product is imported.
 I like this cleanser's packaging  and presentation. The bottle is pretty similar to Glam&Glitter's Shimmer Cream's. The clear, recyclable has a pump that dispenses just the right amount of product. There is no tube that feeds the product into the pump, instead the cleanser is squeezed out via air pressure. There is a small hole in the bottom of the bottom of the bottle that takes in air when you press the pump, causing a platform in the bottom of the bottle to raise, pushing product out through the pump. I like bottles like these, they're neat and more efficient than traditional pump bottles, plus they minimize wasted product. The product label is as nicely designed as the bottle its affixed to. A black band wraps around the bottle with the Olay logo written in white. A wave is crashing over a very faint, barely visible Olay girl. The back of the label features a product description, directions, ingredients, and company info in both English&French.
 Olay's Pore Minimizing Cleanser+Scrub is made up of two ribbons of product, swirled together in the tube. The swirling of the aqua colored cleanser ribbons, and the white exfoliating ribbons is very visually appealing. When pumped out, the two products become one. This cleanser foams up nicely and feels quite gentle and refreshing on the skin The scrub's granules are quite soft, not harsh at all. I wouldn't suggest this skincare duo if you're looking for serious exfoliation, but this product is good for a daily does of dead skin removal. The cleanser portion of this product leaves my skin feeling thoroughly cleansed but not stripped. This cleanser removes a majority of my foundation, but I still need to use a toner after to take care of that last little bit.
 Are my pores feeling the effects of Olay's Pore Minimizing Cleanser+Scrub? Hellz yeah they are. I have noticeable pores on my nose and inner half of my cheeks, or at least I used to. There are parts of my nose that now look completely smooth and pore free. The rest of my previously porous areas are much smooth, but not perfect. We'll get there, I'm sure. Keep in mind that nothing can actually reduce the size of your pores. What this cleanser/scrub does is cleans the skin thoroughly, removing impurities and unclogging pores, and removing the dead skin cells that can clog them. This helps the pores contract back down to their intended size. This cleanser won;t diminish the look of your pores right away, it's a slow process. I've been using this product for about a month and I started to see results at about two weeks, and am noticing less and less pores every day.
I really love Olay's Pore Minimizing Cleanser+Scrub. I didn't expect it to actually reduce the look of my pores, but it really did! This is a very effective cleanser that gives gentle exfoliation. I find myself needing to use my St. Ives Apricot Scrub once a week now since I've started using this product. This cleanser/scrub is suitable for daily use, I personally use it as my night time cleanser. I just am really pleased by every aspect of this product; the packaging, the results, the consistency, the light, fresh scent. I don't know if Olay skin care can let me down, they never have before. I definitely recommend Olay's Pore Minimizing Cleanser+Scrub if you have enlarged pores that tend to get clogged. I will most likely repurchase this cleanser, I think its going to be a long term part of my skincare routine.

Ingredients:
water, sodium lauroamphoacetate, glycerin, oxidized polyethylene, sodium trideceth sulfate, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, acrylates copolymer, sorbitol, peg-200 hydrogenated glyceryl palmate, salicylic acid, peg-100, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, citric acid, titanium dioxide, disodium edta, fragrance, bht, panthenol, ascorbic acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, chromium hydroxide green

Leave a Comment

  1. I absolutely LOVE this product as well. The first time using it I noticed a difference and it just leaves my skin feeling soo clean! Love it!
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this! It sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked this up a while back because it looked so neat. While I like it, it's just far too fragranced. I find myself holding my nose for the duration of the face washing process. I like that it's a mild exfoliator and is suited for daily use though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really? I wonder if that varies batch to batch, because the fragrance in mine is pretty light.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...