Hard Candy Eye'm Tired Eye Defuffing Serum Review

 Hard Candy is the last brand that I ever thought I would buy a serum from, but on a trip to Walmart I caught a Hard Candy "Ultimate Essentials" gift set containing four deluxe sample size products and just couldn't say no. Hard Candy says that Eye'm Tired  will "depuff, brighten, and firm" and describes this product as a "lightweight depuffing eye serum that cools and calms tired eyes". My mini tube of serum contains .38fl oz (10.8ml). I'm not sure how much product you get in a full size tube, but it retails for a very reasonable $5. Hard Candy is a former high end brand that is now sold exclusively at Walmart. Hard Candy products are cruelty free and made in the USA.
 Eye'm Tired's packaging is actually kinda neat. I'm not sure if the full size product comes in the same style of packaging, but I hope it does. This serum comes in an opaque white tube. The product name and Hard Candy's logo and signature detailing adorn the front of the tube, and a fair amount of company info can be found on the back. Removing the twist on cap reveals a "trio of roller balls to massage away bags as it refreshes the eye area". The three roller balls are metal and have a cool feel to the skin. They roll easily and comfortably, never catching the skin of the very delicate eye area. I don't know if I'd say that these balls "massage" my eye area, but they feel interesting and make the product fun to use. These roller balls do not dispense the product themselves, you must lightly squeeze the tube before each use. I think having three small roller balls as opposed to the one large one found in Garnier's Eye Roller and other similar products makes Hard Candy's eye serum more gentle and efficient.
 Like most serums, Eye'm tired is clear, thin and water. A little bit goes a long way, just a slight squeeze's worth of serum is enough for both eyelids. This depuffing eye serum sinks in pretty quickly. Word to the wise for fellow ladies with deep set eyes or monolids, keep your eyes shut as this stuff sinks in so that you don't get a line of serum deep in your crease that doesn't want to sink in. There are no immediate effects from Eye'm Tired, really it seems like nothing is happening at first, but suddenly, about 2-3 minutes after application..my under eye puffiness is completely gone. This stuff makes me look so much more awake. So Eye'm Tired definitely delivers in the depuffing department, but does it brighten? A little bit yeah. Firm? Not really, at least not enough for it to be noticeable. I use this serum every morning and occasionally at night in conjunction with Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream, which gives great results. Definitely a combo I recommend.
I'm really a fan of Hard Candy's Eye'm Tired Eye Depuffing Serum. I didn't expect much, but it certainly delivers on it's promises. This serum is super lightweight, quick to sink in, and it feels good on the skin. I think the packaging is innovative, practical, and portable. I'm so glad that I stumbled onto this product and will definitely be purchasing a full size tube. This product is certainly worth the $5 that Hard Candy is asking for. I recommend this product to anyone who suffers from a puffy eye area, whether it be from allergies or lack of sleep, or maybe if you just need a bit of help looking more awake in the mornings. 

Ingredients:
Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Algae Extract, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolized Manihot Esculanta Tuber Extract, Alumina Hydrate, Panthenol, Caffeine, Capryly Glycol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14, Isoparaffin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroluronate, Steareth 20, Laureth 7, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Ethylhexylglycerin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Dipeptide 2 Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 7, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide

6 comments

  1. I would probably love this because of the roller balls and the watery consistence. I have liked everything I've bought from Hard Candy so far. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, I didn't think this was going to be a good thing. Maybe I'll have to try it out. I do love hard candy eye shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard Candy's Sheer Envy primer is heavenly. I would suggest that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about buying that after I run out of my Rimmel Fix&Perfect. Thanks Anon =D

      Delete