Covergirl Clump Crusher Lash Blast Mascara Review

 Covergirl's Clump Crusher is the newest form of their massively popular Lash Blast mascara. Covergirl claims that Clump Crusher will deliver "200% more volume and zero clumps for beautifully separated lashes." This mascara was launched about a month ago and I grabbed it as soon as I could, because so far I've loved every form of Lash Blast that I've tried. I snagged my 13ml (.44fl oz) tube at CVS for $9. That's way too much for any Covergirl product, ever, but I was too excited to pass it up. As far as I know Clump Crusher is available in a washable formula, as well as a waterproof version. Its available in four shades, I have Very Black. This mascara was made in America. Unfortunately Covergirl does test on animals.

 Clump Crusher tube is exactly the same as regular Lash Blast's, except it's lime green! I love how bright and colorful Covergirl's Lash Blast display is and Clump Crusher's nearly neon tube will definitely add to that. The Covergirl logo is written on the front of the tube, the name of the mascara is on the back of the tube, both written in silver lettering. My only real gripe with Lash Blast's tube is how large it is, it takes up a lot of real estate in my mascara drawer. This isn't really a problem for most people though, I just have a mascara problem.
 Covergirl says that Clump Crusher's "innovative brush features a lash loading section to saturate lashes with loads of product and fine tooth comb bristles to evenly distribute mascara. According to the commercial and adverts I've seen, this brush is "curved to crush", which doesn't even make sense. Clump Crusher's brush is basically just a modified version of the regular Lash Blast brush. About an inch long, this brush has numerous short rubber bristles. Honestly I can't see the two different types of bristles. I really like the slight, gentle curve of this brush, it makes a slight but noticeable different. I can get this brush right at the roots of my lashes. It sweeps through very easily and never catches my eyelid. The only downside to Clump Crusher's brush is that it has the same large, blunt, bristle-less tip. Aside from that, this brush is two thumbs up from me. I love it!
 [bare, uncurled lashes]
I love Covergirl's Lash Blast/Max Factor's False Lash Effect (they're 100% exactly the same, look at the ingredients!), so I expected fabulous lashes from Clump Crusher. Expectations fulfilled! Covergirl's Clump Crusher gives me super long lashes that are full at the base and separated at the ends. The results are great, but not very different from normal Lash Blast. I think I get a tiny bit more lift from Clump Crusher, but that has nothing to do with the formula, the lift comes from the brush's ability to get to the absolute root of my lashes. Now I don't find Lash Blast to be a clumpy mascara, so I'm not sure why why Covergirl felt the need to put out a "clump free" version. So Clump Crusher claims to be 100% clump free, but it isn't. This mascara doesn't clump my lashes much, but Covergirl said there would be zero clumps. That being said, these clumps are barely there, so they don't deter me from using this mascara. Like with all the other forms of Lash Blast, this mascara wears well. It doesn't smudge, but there is a little bit of flaking after about 6 hours of wear. The flakes irritate my eyes a little and this mascara does burn if you get it in your eyes, probably because of it's high alcohol content. 
I really like Covergirl's Clump Crusher mascara, but then again, I love Lash Blast in general. If you don't like Lash Blast, you won't like this mascara, its the exact same formula with a different brush and a different colored tube. Some may call it a gimmick, and honestly they aren't wrong. I agree with them that the continual repackaging of Lash Blast is annoying and kinda dishonest, but I think the curved Clump Crusher brush makes this "new" mascara worth looking in to. I always have a tube of Lash Blast or False Lash Effect on hand, and from now on I think I will be repurchasing Clump Crusher, just because I prefer the curved brush. Check out Covergirl's new Clump Crusher Lash Blast mascara, especially if your lashes tend to get clumpy, just remember to take a coupon with you, because $9 is way too much for any Covergirl mascara.

Ingredients:
Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium, Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caranuba Wax, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Polyethylene, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, Iron Oxides

May Contain:
Ultramarine, Titanium Dioxide 

13 comments

  1. it doesn't hold my curl at all =[ then again no non-waterproof mascaras do...I hope they make a waterproof version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a waterproof version, I just found out about it right after I published the post.

      Delete
  2. I love your before and after picture. I haven't tried this particular mascara before, but, it's nice to know that it has a waterproof version. Found you on This Girls Life Blog Hop!

    xo's- Ashley
    www.afabtail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes your lashes look amazing. Definitely picking this up!

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Covergirl really know how to do mascara. I wish the rest of their products were this good.

      Delete
  4. I love the outcome of this product!
    I'm your newest member, check out my blog and follow as well if you like :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mascara looks really good! I think I might get it because my lashblast is getting old and I love curved brushes. Glad to hear that they have a waterproof version!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, this will be your dream come true if you like curved brushes.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful and detailed review. I agree about the pricing, it seems to be a lot for a covergirl product, I would expect to spend closer to 5 - perhaps a little above, but not by much - is that price generally the same where ever you go? (i.e. grocery store, drug store, wal-mart/target) Just curious there :-) I haven't looked at this line of mascara yet, I might have to take a closer look .

    I am here from Wednesday Chronicles and am now following you via Bloglovin' and GFC.

    Melanie
    <a href="http://www.myimperfect.com>My Imperfect...</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, it was really weirdly priced. I've seen it for $8 at some other stores around here.

      Delete
  7. Its a nice mascara I give it four stars... I'm gonna try nyx doll eye volume mascara tho..

    ReplyDelete