Chipmunk Challenge - 40 Cosmetic Questions




A few weeks ago I was working an overnight shift and was quite bored, so I wrote down 40 beauty questions that I thought would be fun to answer. I kinda doubt anyone else will go through and answer all the questions, but if you do, please leave the link below. After a couple days I will put together post featuring everyone's Chipmunk Challenge posts or videos so everyone can share and compare their answers.

Here are the questions for easy copy/pasting

1. Do you remember your first makeup item?

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? Sheer, Light, Medium, or Full.

4. What foreign cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try?

5. Favorite high end brand?

6. Favorite drugstore brand?

7. Favorite indie brand?

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?

9. What is your most cherished beauty product?

10. Do you have separate day and night skincare routines?

11. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here or there or get lots of goodies at once?

12. Do you have a "beauty budget" or do you spend freely?

13. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?

14.  What type of product do you buy the most of?

15. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?

16. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?

17. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup? Why is it your favorite?

18. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine.

19. Favorite bath and body brand?

20. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?

21. What brand do you think has the best packaging?

22. What brand do you think has the worst packaging?

23. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?

24. 5 Favorite Bloggers and Beauty Gurus.

25. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?

26. Most innovative beauty product you've ever used?

27. What kind of scents do you like? Fruity, Floral, Spicy, Gourmand?

28. Acetone or non-acetone nail polish remover?

29. Favorite nail polish finish?

30. Most repurchased product?

31. Any products you've been meaning to toss out?

32. How many eye primers do you use/have owned. Rank them by effectiveness.

33. How many hair products do you use in a typical day?

34. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?

35. Most expensive product you've ever purchased? Was it worth it?

36. Do you prefer highlighting or contouring?

37. Do you keep a beauty wishlist or buy what catches your eye?

38. How many brushes do you own?

39. How often do you wash your brushes?

40. Favorite type of brush?

Jump for my answers!

1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
Great Lash mascara.

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
My perfect mascara would give fullness at the base of the lashes, but separation at the tips, a fair amount of length, and be dark black in color, preferably with a glossy finish. The closest I've come to my perfect mascara is layering Maybelline's Volume Express Mega Plush over Max Factor's False Lash Effect.

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? Sheer, Light, Medium, or Full.
I like light coverage with a dewy finish.

4. What foreign cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try?
Bourjois!

5. Favorite high end brand?
Benefit

6. Favorite drugstore brand?
NYX

7. Favorite indie brand?
Victorian Disco

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
Mascara. I can leave the house without it, but I prefer not to.

9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Probably my first ever palette. I don't use it anymore, but I keep it around because of sentimental reasons.

10. Do you have separate day and night skincare routines?
Sometimes, it depends on the products I'm testing.

11. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here or there or get lots of goodies at once?
I shop for makeup probably once a month. I prefer to do a really big haul once every couple months as opposed to just grabbing one or two products every once a in while.

12. Do you have a "beauty budget" or do you spend freely?
I definitely have a budget, which fluctuates a lot, but is usually no more than $40/month.

13. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I try to only buy things that are on sale or that I have a coupon for, but I'm not entirely opposed to paying full price if it's something I really want.

14.  What type of product do you buy the most of?
I used to buy tons and tons of eyeshadow, but lately I've gotten a little out of hand with mascara.

15. Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
I wouldn't say there is a brand I really HATE or anything, but I'm not really fond of Covergirl and NYC.

16. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
No.

17. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup? Why is it your favorite?
I really love the Ulta at the Waterfront in Homestead PA. I'm always treated well there, the staff is very friendly, they're usually stocked well, and are very helpful when it comes to returning a product. It's also the nearest Ulta to me.

18. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I like to try new things, but there are also products that I think I'll always keep around like St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Olay Toner and  Beauty Fluid.

19. Favorite bath and body brand?
Its a toss up between Avon and Bath&BodyWorks, but I've been buying a lot more Bath&BodyWorks stuff in the last year or so.

20. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Probably NYX.

21. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Definitely Benefit! Their packaging style appeals to me so much.

22. What brand do you think has the worst packaging?
Probably Covergirl or NYC. Their packaging tends to be pretty cheap and not much to look at.

23. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I don't belong to any beauty message boards, but I consider myself really active in the Tumblr Beauty Community, and Makeup Alley

24. 5 Favorite Bloggers and Beauty Gurus.
Five Favorite Youtubers in no order: ALoveTart, BettyGirlMakeup, FashionismyCrush, EmilyNoel83, Chicachew

Five Favorite Bloggers in no order: MakeupTips-, TheScienceofChic, Scrangie, Maryam Maquillage, Drugstore Princess

25. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
To an extend, but I feel like they always work better for one function than the other. Like for example with Benefit's PosieTint Lip and Cheek stain, it works great on my cheeks and barely shows up on my lips at all.

26. Most innovative beauty product you've ever used?
I think Hard Candy's 4 Day Lash Ink Stain tried to be innovative. It didn't really work out for me, but kudos to Hard Candy for trying something new. Lush's Whoosh Shower Jelly was pretty innovative too.

27. What kind of scents do you like? Fruity, Floral, Spicy, Gourmand?
Fruity and fruity florals all the way!

28. Acetone or non-acetone nail polish remover?
Acetone. I can't stand non-acetone nail polish removers, they're so ineffective in my opinion!

29. Favorite nail polish finish?
Cream or jelly.

30. Most repurchased product?
St. Ives Apricot Scrub or Olay's Toner for sure. When it comes to makeup, I probably went through at least 12 tubes of Maybelline's Great Lash Curved Brush Mascara over the years.

31. Any products you've been meaning to toss out?
No, I should probably chuck my Revlon 3D PhotoReady Mascara soon though.

32. How many eye primers do you use/have owned. Rank them by effectiveness.
1. ELF Eyelid Primer, 2. Essence I <3 Stage, 3. Benefit Stay Don't Stray

33. How many hair products do you use in a typical day?
Usually just shampoo or conditioner, though I use a styling product on my work days.

34. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I almost always apply foundation first.

35. Most expensive product you've ever purchased? Was it worth it?
I don't really have any expensive products that I've paid for. I bought Benefit's Sexy Stowaways value kit recently for $34, which is really pricey to me, but yes it is worth it!

36. Do you prefer highlighting or contouring?
Highlighting, I feel like I haven't fully mastered contouring yet.

37. Do you keep a beauty wishlist or buy what catches your eye?
I keep a wishlist, but I also pick up things on impulse sometimes.

38. How many brushes do you own?
At least 30.

39. How often do you wash your brushes?
Not as often as I should. I try to do a deep cleanse on them every three weeks.

40. Favorite type of brush?
Angled eyeliner brush, I don't know why, I just can't have enough of them.

Leave a Comment

  1. This is awesome! I might just make this my next tag up on my blog! I love your blog name, it's so funky haha! Glad I found you via the Brightside Beauty Blog Hop! Now following :)

    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bored at work and I did it. http://kristinasbeautybag.blogspot.com/2012/11/chipmunk-challenge-40-cosmetic-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do this once I get power back at my house! But question, what's considered and indie brand for makeup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you weren't too affected by the storm! :(

      Indie is like any small brand that usually isn't sold in store and has a small amount of employees, for example Shiro, Beauty from the Earth, Fyrinnae etc.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...