Wet n Wild Blue Had Me at Hello Review

 Wet n Wild's Blue Had Me at Hello is an eight pan eyeshadow palette that, as you probably guessed from the really cheesy name, features mostly blue eyeshadows. Wet n Wild says that these "eight dynamic, perfectly color coordinated shades have high pigment and pearl for ultra impact color. Shades can be used together or individually to create an endless variety of looks". Wet n Wild also claims that the shadows will give "all day, crease resistant wear". This brand offers three permanent eight pan palettes. I've previously reviewed Comfort Zone, which is one of my all time favorite palettes. These Color Icon palettes are known for their fantastic quality and are generally considered to be the best eyeshadows on the drugstore level. This eight pan palette contains 8.5g (.3oz) of product. With each shadow weighing in at slightly more than a gram of product, you're getting a pretty sweet deal for $4.99. I bought my palette at Rite Aid, but Wet n Wild can be found at most major retailers and and drugstores. Wet n Wild is a cruelty free brand. This eyeshadow palette was made in China.
 Wet n Wild has famously cheap packaging. These palettes are made of a black pan with a clear plastic flip up lid. This packaging is not sturdy and will crack easily if not stored with care. Actually, the same is true for the shadows, I haven't had that problem with the Blue Had Me at Hello palette yet, but once you work your way about 1/4 the way through a Wet n Wild eyeshadow, they start to get kinda crumbly, so handle with care. Each rectangular shadow is glued in to the pan and has the suggested placement of the shade carved into it. The back label features product information, a full ingredient list, and a diagram  showing the suggested placements for theses shadows. Of course you don't have to follow the directions if you don't want, they're merely a suggestion. This palette included a double ended applicator; a sponge tip on one end, an angled brush on the other. These are pretty useless, so I'm just gonna toss them. Packaging is pretty poor, but that's what keeps Wet n Wild's prices so low.
 Blue Had Me at Hello is an extremely cool toned palette, made up almost entirely of blue or blue tinged shadows. I've had my eye on this palette for about a year, mainly just for the right eyelid shade. I find it kinda interesting that Wet n Wild put out a palette with this kind of color scheme. A lot of people are afraid of blue eyeshadow, so making Blue Had Me at Hello was a kinda dicey move for Wet n Wild. Kudos to them for having the balls to make this palette. I'm going to give a brief description of each shadow's shade, texture, application, etc. individually and then sum it up as a whole. I'll be referring to the shadows in the left column, which is the more subdued side, as "1", and the shades on the right will be "2".  Here we go:

Browbone 1: A common shade. A frosty white. This is probably the least pigmented in the palette, but it's meant to be that way considering it's meant for highlighting the brow. Actually on further inspection this left brow bone shade has a very soft, barely noticable blue duochrome. The texture of this shadow is a little chunky in the pan but applies smoothly.

Eyelid 1: This shadow has a very smooth texture, probably the smoothest in Blue Had Me at Hello. This shade is a silver blue with a metallic finish. Though this is a really good quality eyeshadow, I tend to avoid using it because I find it really unflattering. That's a personal preference thing though.

Crease 1: Is a very dark, blackened navy eyshadow. This crease shade has a matte base with bright blue glitters in it. Though it looks like a total glitter bomb in the pan, the shimmer barely shows up and is actually quite sparse. I love to use this shade as an eyeliner. When used as a liner this shade is practically blue, but when blended out it can be a very pretty deep navy. This shadow has a slightly drier texture than the rest because of it's matte base.

Definer 1: Is Wet n Wild's famous matte black. This is my first encounter with this fabled eyeshadow, I've heard tons of raves about it. This black is not quite as fantastic as NYX's black, but it comes pretty color. this black shadow is very dark and pigmented with a velvety texture. This is the only matte in the palette, though it's not 100% matte. There is a negligible amount of glitter, potentially from the other shades. Like the crease shade, this is a great liner, and is fantastic for adding some depth.

Browbone 2: I don't know if I'd use this shade on my brow bone but I love this light blue for blending out navy shades in the crease. This is a pretty, frosty sky blue with a soft grey tint to it. Its a little bit similar to eyelid 1, but less grey. I have a personal attachment to this shade, it's the same color as my precious stuffed Bunny.

Eyelid 2: The reason I bough this palette, one of the most beautiful eyeshadows ever, in my humble opinion. This super pigmented, buttery smooth shade is a green tinged metallic turquoise that's absolutely breathtaking. This color reminds me of a mermaid or something. I would buy Blue Had Me At Hello again just for this shade. It's the stand out shade in the palette, and definitely the most unique color.

Crease 2: Is a reflective navy with a brighter blue duo chrome. Unfortunately the duo chrome doesn't show up as well when used on the lid, which is pretty disappoint. This isn't a bad eyeshadow though, it's well pigmented and has a good texture, a little stiffer than some, but not dry like the matte based shades.

Definer 2: The last of the eight shades. I don't think this shade was necessary. Another black, a matte base with silver glitter. Just like Crease 1, this shadow looks like it's packed with glitter, but it barely transfers onto the skin in a swatch and doesn't show up at all when used on the eye. This black is a little bit softer and warmer than it's matte counterpart, but really it's not significantly different, not enough to warrant it's inclusion. Because of it's matte base it's a little on the dry side, ironically it's a little harder to work with than the fully matte black.
 [this does not look flattering from this angle]
Overall the eyeshadows in Blue Had Me At Hello are great, not a bad one in the bunch. I wish Wet n Wild didn't include two blacks, they aren't different enough for it to be justified. I like the variety of textures and finishes. The colors are all pretty, one more than the rest though. All the shades apply well and produce no fallout. Not even the black ones! These eyeshadows aren't perfect though. I experience moderate fading and creasing after about six hours, though it may be due to the primer I'm using. Certain shades, mainly the two navies, stain my crease area which is really unattractive. Some shades don't show up to their full potential, but Blue Had Me at Hello offers all around good eyeshadows. 
[all 8 shades at once!]
For those bold enough to rock the all blue look, Wet n Wild's Blue Had Me at Hello is a fantastic eyeshadow palette. Each of the eight eyeshadow shades has good texture and phenomenal color pay off. I love Wet n Wild's eyeshadows and this palette has reaffirmed that love. I only wish that there wasn't two blacks. Why not a blue violet? Or a deep grey? Whatev, the incredible turquoise shade makes up for it. Even if you don't like the rest of the colors, buy Blue Had Me at Hello, just for the turquoise. I highly recommend this affordable palette. The quality and price are unbeatable. 

Ingredients:
Talc, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethcone, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate,  Boron Nitride, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Polythylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone, Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide. 

8 comments

  1. I have this palette and I love it :D I like the look you created! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! glad you enjoy this palette too!

      Delete
  2. So many reviews of WnW palettes lately talk about creasing. I've had best luck with longer wear when I put the Maybelline Color Tattoos under their shadows instead of primer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a fan of the Color Tattoos. :( I find WnW shades work best for me if layered over a primer and a cream base like NYX's.

      Delete
  3. wow you created a gorgeous look with this! i have it, love it, but dont use it that often! for the price, its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and I agree about the price!

      Delete
  4. Look how impressive the ingredient list is, that's a mighty fine ingredient list.

    ReplyDelete