Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Moisturizer Review




 Philosophy is a brand I've always had an interest in. Take a Deep Breath is an "oil free, energizing, oxygen gel cream moisturizer". So complex. Why should you use this product? According to Philosophy "environmental factors such as sun, smog, and pollution can cloud a complexion. Revitalize your spirit and your spirit and your skin with a quite moment and a deep breath". This moisturizer will "breath new life into your skin" This "lightweight hydrator detoxifies and helps proect for a health looking glow". This moisturizer has no SPF, which could be a bonus or a negative, depending on your personal preference, I don't really care either way though. Philosophy lists the benefits of their moisturizer as "help diffuse energizing oxygen for glowing skin; blend of antioxidants helps protect skin against environmental attacks; and provides oil free, light weight hydration". Sounds great, yeah? I received a 12ml (.04fl oz) sample in my June MyGlam bag. The full size of this moisturizer retails for $34 for 60ml (2fl oz). That means my samples value is about $6.40. Philosophy does not test on animals, in fact, a large portion of their products are vegan. This moisturizer was made in America. Philosophy products can be bought on the brand's website, Ulta and Sephora (and their sites), and at select department stores.
 My sample of Take a Deep Breath comes in a small white squeeze tube with a black twist on cap. The front of the tube features the name of the product in blue, and a "Philosophical" description of the product. Directions, ingredients, and company info. The full size product comes in a jar and has the same information on it. I personally don't like moisturizers in a jar, it's not very sanitary and I feel like I go through the product faster, but yinz know me, I want everything in a squeeze tube. I've always admired the style of Philosophy's packaging, it's unique but simple and looks pretty high end, even the sample looks pretty fancy.
 Take a Deep Breath is a thin, creamy, light, aqua gel. It has an almost grainy look to it, but it doesn't feel that way. When Philosophy said that this moisturizer said that Take a Deep Breath is lightweight, they meant it! You can barely feel this moisturizer on your face, and my skin just drinks this stuff up! It gets absorbed so fast and leaves no residue or greasiness left behind. Take a Deep Breath has a luxurious feel to it, I really love using it and the best part is that I need only the tiniest bit to moisturize my whole face.
 Take a Deep Breath gives nice results. This gel-type moisturizer feels very gentle, cooling, and refreshing. After application my skin feels soft and moisturized without being greasy. This is an epic moisturizer for people with normal skin. I feel like Take a Deep Breath helps to balance and brighten my skin as well as hydrate. I took all of Philosophy's claims with a grain of salt, but most of them seem to be proving true. All the great benefits from this moisturizer are pulled together and really complimented by it's extremely light, oxygen scent. I guess oxygen doesn't really have a scent, does it? But you know what I mean, like that fresh air kind of scent? That's what Take a Deep Breath smells like, it really suits the product, and is so light that it shouldn't bother anyone, even those with sensitive noses.
I really like Philosophy's Take a Deep Breath moisturizer. I've never had good results with a gel moisturizer before, but this product has totally changed my opinion on them. This moisturizer has such an expensive, luxurious feel to it. It hydrates my combo but mostly normal skin very well and seems to brighten my complexion too. Take a Deep Breath sinks in so fast too. I kinda hate getting pricey, fantastic skin care samples, I fall in love with the product, but I can't afford to but the full size. I definitely can't justify splurging on a $34 moisturizer, but I would love to. For now I'll stick to my Olay Beauty Fluid. If you can squeeze this gel moisturizer into your budget, get it, especially if you have normal skin, you'll love it! I'm going to continue thoroughly enjoying my sample, which should last me another week to 10 days (I only use this in the morning). I'll miss this product when I finish it.

Ingredients:
aqua⁄water⁄eau, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl gluceth-20, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogentated polyisobutene, glycerin, perfluorodecalin, tocopherol, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, lactic acid, coffea arabica (coffee) seed extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, jojoba esters, cetyl alcohol, c13-14 isoparaffin, silica, dimethicone, angelica archangelica root extract, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) peel extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, pongamia pinnata seed extract, tocopheryl acetate, polysorbate 80, laureth-7, hydrolyzed jojoba esters, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, glucose, dicaprylyl carbonate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate⁄vp copolymer, butylene⁄ethylene⁄styrene copolymer, ethylene⁄propylene⁄styrene copolymer, carbomer, polyacrylamide, alcohol, benzyl alcohol, 1,2-hexanediol, tin oxide, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, disodium edta, hydrolyzed soy flour, bht, o-cymen-5-ol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), fd & c blue no. 1 (ci 42090).

Leave a Comment

  1. Commented before Dean!

    Again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this so much I had to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented in person about how her lashes aren't hollow so they can't have volume. n.n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B-but this is a moisturizer.

      Delete
    2. He's just trying to one-up you. There is no reasoning with him. -_-;

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...