October 2012 Ipsy/MyGlam Bag

 I got my MyGlam/Ipsy Bag. Fast shipping, I just got the tracking email yesterday. I guess they're making up for last month. 
 Lets take a peek inside. 
 Mirinesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain in Shade 4. Mirinesse is an Australian brand. This is one of two full size products in this months bag. 
"Introducing a revolutionary lip color that combines gloss, stain and lacquer all in one! Mirenesse Lip Bomb is power packed with non-smearing pigment that lasts and lasts. It is designed for professional application with its high pigment, customizable shades, and easy to use Infinity Lip™ Applicator. Infused with Lip Perfecting Spheres, that carry vitamins and a refreshing mint taste, Lip Bomb leaves your lips super-moist and with a velvety finish. Available in 15 shades. "
This product is super pigmented, and is really comfortable on the lips. It does transfer a lot though. It contains 3.1g (.11 oz) and retails for $35AUD. You can get $20 off a $50 order with the code IPSY at checkout.
 500 Ipsy subscribers will win a "Free Instant Lash Transplant" mascara. Please don't enter my codes, they're a personal use one. I forgot to black them out :( 
 Swatch. It's pretty intense. 
 A very tiny Coastal Scents Quad. This is Set 5 and includes Vibrant Red, Frosty Taupe, Vanilla Sky, and Raisin Berry. I don't believe that this product is available for sale so it doesn't have a retail value. This quad contains 2g (.07oz). The shades are actually really great quality, they're pigmented with a great texture. I look forward to using these! Coastal Scents is offering 20% off your order with the code ipsy20. 
"Coastal Scents creates highly pigmented, stunning eye shadows. These palettes offer four hand-selected shades in different finishes, which can be used alone or together to create a variety of looks. The pressed powder shadows can be applied dry or wet for a more intense, dramatic effect. Also each palette's colors are labeled with the corresponding Hot Pot name, making it easy to repurchase your favorite shades individually, or in palette collections like the 252 Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette. "
 No primer, applied with finger. More vibrant in person, I swear! 
 Pepqui Oil Treatment by Couture Colour. This is a hair care product. I really like hair oils, they help my matting issue a lot. This 15ml (.5fl oz) sample retails for $12. A 2fl oz bottle is available for $32,  as well as a 4fl oz bottle for $50. Very pricey! 
"Couture Colour Pequi Oil® Treatment makes hair 6X stronger, 3X shinier and visibly smoother after one application. Use it to nourish, stop frizz, seal split ends and boost colour. 

Derived from sustainably harvested Amazonian Pequi fruit pulp, this clear, lightly scented oil contains moisture restoring antioxidants, vitamins A and E, proteins and lipids. 

Application: Apply 1 to 2 pumps evenly to dry, damaged, colour-treated or normal hair to reduce blow dry time, set your look or as needed since it absorbs instantly and won't weigh hair down. "

 TheBalm What's Your Type? The Body Builder Mascara. I'm so happy that this was included in the bag. I love TheBalm and I love trying new mascaras! The brush looks very promising, I can't wait to try this macara. This sample size contains 3.5g (.11fl oz) and is a $5.50 value. The full size sells for $19. 
You can get 15% off your order with the code ispybb15

"Pump up your lashes! Build colossal body with the biggest, boldest mascara to come from theBalm Cosmetics - What’s Your Type? in “the body builder”. This long-lasting, clump-free formula boasts a highly pigmented, deep black finish that won’t smudge or smear. Formulated with Vitamin E, Panthenol, and Bamboo, “the body builder” conditions and strengthens lashes to add length, thickness, and definition. Paraben- and sulfate-free. "
 Be a Bombshell's Eyeliner in Onyx is this month's other full size product. Worth $14, this pen style eyeliner contains 3ml (.1oz) and is available in 3 shades. I'm not sure if everyone got the same black shade or if it varied from bag to bag. Entering the code ipsy25 at checkout will get you 25% your order from Be a Bombshell. This pen eyeliner has a really thick tip, so I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not. 

"Long-lasting and highly pigmented, Be a Bombshell eye liner can be used to create everything from a sexy cat eye look to a daytime flirty look. The marker-like tip is easy to use and goes on smoothly with no smudges, feathering, or running. The formula is quick-drying and lasts all day until you take it off! Available in 3 shades: onyx, espresso and provocateur. 

Application: Use like a marker, drawing with the tip closest to your lashline. To create a smoky eye look, gently smudge and smoke out liner. For dramatic full-looking lashes, gently dot between lashes. Follow with a coat of mascara. To make lashes look more full, line the upper lash line and follow with the waterline. "

I don't like that they recommended using this on the waterline..

Swatch, once again it's much more pigmented and darker in person. I actually love the color payoff. 

The value of this bag is at least $70, the Mirinesse lip lacquer is half of that alone. This bag was tremendous value, and I'm very pleased. It contains a product from a company I already love and trust, and some from brands that are new to me. Plus the little chevron print bag is really cute! Are you pleased with October's MyGlam/Ipsy bag? What's your favorite product? 

5 comments

  1. Awesome post :) I wish I could order from Ipsy~
    I found you through the Meet Me on the Brightside Blog Hop~! :)

    Ashlee @ The Makeup Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get MyGlam bag! I just got the tracking email yesterday so hopefully I get it today or tomorrow :)

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i cannot wait to get my bag! i must say, i am quite impressed so far and i have been a subscriber for 3 months! I got my tracking yesterday too, so i am really hoping its there when i get home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the red lip bomb and was hoping for the one you got! Red is a bit too bold for me. Your shadow colors are gorgeous! I got the blues, which I'm not a blue shadow person, but I like the push for color variation that yours makes some people experience. This bag was definitely a great one. I've heard of people have some staying issues with the liner, which is usually not the case. I'm a bit nervous to use that, but everything else is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete