Circus by Andrea's Choice Nail Color - Tightrope - Review




 Circus by Andrea's Choice is a new nail polish line by the popular YouTube Beauty Guru. These polishes were previously only available to Ipsy subscribers. Ipsy, then known as My Glam sent each subscriber three Circus polishes. I got Spectacle (a neon orange), Somersault (a yellow), and the color I wanted since I first saw a photo of this collection, Tightrope, a matte magenta. Circus by Andrea's Choice lacquers are formaldehyde, toluene, and dbt free and are claimed to be chip resistant. Each polish contains .45fl oz (13.2ml) The full set of Circus polishes can only be bought online at the brand's website which only ships within the USA, so international fans of Andrea are at a loss. This five piece set sells for $29.95 (+$5.95 S&H), which is pretty pricey. The polishes are not available for individual purchase, which is stupid because Ipsy subscribers already have more than half of the line. Circus polishes are cruelty free and made in America.
 Circus by Andrea's Choice may be the single most overpackaged nail polish line ever. If you received any of these polishes individually, you'll know what I'm talking about. Each polish came in a rainbow striped plastic tube with a pop off cap. The square glass bottle, which has a lot of excess glass at the bottom, is topped off with a tall black plastic cap. The cap is firmly attached to the top of the brush. Packaging looks fancy and has a lot of weight to it. The brush is long, rounded, flexible, and has no splayed bristles. Oh, I forgot to mention that a full ingredient list can be found on the back of the bottle. The set doesn't seem to be packaged in the excessive tubes.
 Tightrope looks like a vibrant purple in all photos, but in person its way less purple, more of a magenta that leans polish. This is a very cool toned color. On my very light skin Tightrope looks quite striking. It's a very fall appropriate, berryish color. Tightrope, like Spectacle dries completely matte, which I didn't expect because it applies like a cream. I'm not really into matte polishes, especially for bright shades.
 Tightrope is a two coater for me. It applies in smooth, even coats that dry quite quickly, probably about 40 seconds per coat. The way Tightrope wears on the nails is really..hard to describe. Its very fragile and brittle. The slightest bump causes this nail enamel to crack and chip This polish just does not stay on. I'm too rough on my hands for a brittle polish like this one. Some top coat would probably be helpful, but I almost never use it, I prefer to review polishes on how they work on their own. This one just doesn't work well.
Overall I'm not a fan of the Circus by Andrea's Choice line. Out of the three, only Spectacle worked for me. Tightrope is incredibly fragile on the nails. I'm just kinda appalled at how easily Tightrope flakes right off.  Inexcusable. I love the color, so the wear really disappoints me. I suggest skipping this lacquer line, its not worth $35. All the polishes are easily duped by better quality polishes. I still think it was really poor planning to make these available in a set. If you do want these polishes, hurry up, they're limited edition.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Camphor, Benzophenone-1.

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), D&C Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7, Calcium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red No.34 Calcium Lake (CI 15880), FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica (CI 77019).

Leave a Comment

  1. Interesting. I've had mine on since Sunday and I got my first major chip today (Friday). Hmmm. Strange. Maybe it depends on the base and top coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky :( I guess it varies nail to nail.

      Delete
  2. I agree with this review. I didn't like how this polish didn't last. Literally the day after I used it, I had so many chips, but like you, I'm pretty hard on my hands. I even used a top coat because I didn't really like the matte finish. Thanks for doing this review!

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sucks you had the same experience. D:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...