Benefit The Porefessional Pro Balm Review

 Benefit's The Porefessional is "pro balm to minimize the appearance of pores". Pro balm is pretty much just a fancy way of saying "primer" if you were wondering. This primer is translucent with an "oil free formula that compliments all skin tones and helps makeup stay put". The formula contains Vitamin E derivative to "known to protect skin from free radicals". Benefit says that this primer can be used over or under makeup and recommends applying it in the morning after moisturizing, but before applying foundation, and then patting a bit more on if you notice your pores reappearing throughout the day. I got a .25fl oz (7.5ml) deluxe sample as a gift with purchase at Ulta. The full size tube of The Porefessional retails for $30 for .75fl oz (22ml). That means my sample is 1/3 the full size, so its valued at $10. Yay for easy math, I didn't even have to ask my boyfriend for help. Praise my skills! Benefit does not test on animals. This product was made in the USA. Benefit products can be bought online at the brand's website, department stores with Benefit counters, Ulta, and Sephora, and their respective websites.
 My little sample of this primer came in a box with the name of the product on the front along with the Porefessional, looking like she's in quite a hurry. The pretty aqua box flips open to reveal the sample tube, as well as two small diagrams depicting how to use this primer. A description, more detailed instructions, company info and a full ingredient list list can be found on the back of the box. The little tube it's self is similar in design to the box. A light aqua with beige stripes with the Porefessional on the front as well and a description on the back. The tube is sealed with a black twist off cap. Unlike Girl Meets Pearl and That Gal, the full size of The Porefessional comes in a squeeze tube like this one. Benefit should wise up and package all their primers like this, its convenient.
 The Porefessional primer has a really unique texture that I didn't expect at all. Its hard to describe. I guess velvety would be an appropriate characterization. Its an almost pasty, but soft balm with a slight flesh tone tint to it. It blends out beautifully, a small amount can go a very long way. The slight tinge of color blends completely away, truly translucent. The Porefessional gives skin a much smoother, more mattified feel and appearance, giving the skin an air of perfection. That being said, it doesn't fully cover pores or anything. The Porefessional does diminish the look of pores a good amount, but its not a miracle worker by any means. Actually I think The Porefessional gives just the right amount of "porefection", the completely poreless look is a little too flawless in my opinion. If slightly enlarged pores are your only issue, you may not need any face makeup over this primer.
 For those of us that do need a concealer and foundation, lets talk about how the Porefessional works as a primer. I don't use The Porefessional over my entire face, just over targeted area such as my nose, chin, and parts of my cheeks where my pores are larger and I tend to get slightly oily in the same areas (i.e where foundation can break down a bit). The Porefessional gives a much smoother texture to the skin which obviously results in much smoother application and adherence of foundation and a little better coverage as well. Wear doesn't seem to be prolonged aside from on the sides of my nose, the only place where I ever have wear issues. When I combine The Porefessional with my best concealer, foundation, and powder, my skin looks really great. The only potential downside to this primer is that I've noticed a couple itty bitty white heads popping up on the side of my nose. I get similar pimples from time to time, usually around my nose stud, but they seem to be popping up a little more often. I'm not sure if The Porefessional is causing this flare up or not. I don't think it is, but it's probably not helping the situation either.
I like Benefit's The Porefessional. It really does help with the appearance of large pores. The texture is really interesting and feels good on the skin. The look of my skin is much improved when I wear this product, it really gets a near flawless look. Foundation, BB cream, and concealer  apply smoother and seem to have enhanced coverage. They just stick to the skin better, if you know what I mean. I've been using this primer very frequently and I've barely put a dent in it, so I think when the time comes, I could actually justify buying a full size, it seems like it'd last me forever. If you have large pores and some extra cash, investing in Benefit's The Porefessional Pro Balm might be worth your while, or if you'd like to try a lot of Benefit products at once, check out their value kits, they usually include this product.

Ingredients:
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISODODECANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), LIMONENE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT. N° 04932/N 

1 comment

  1. Fullsize = 3x, where x is the value of the valuesize.

    ReplyDelete