Maybelline Pink Glow Baby Lips Lip Balm - Baby Pink - Review




 Pink Glow is a new type of the very popular Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balms. Available in two colors; Baby Pink and Pink Blast, these balms are exclusive to Australia. These Baby Lips spin-offs utilize Maybelline's "exclusive color blooming technology" that "reacts to your unique lip chemistry to reveal your perfect pink glow". Basically, this balm reacts to the pH levels of your lips, it applies clear and changes to a slight pink tint. While the Baby Lips from overseas are pretty similar, there are some different claims and a little bit of a different formula. For one, these Baby Lips don't include SPF. The color selection is also a little bit smaller. These balms promise 8 hours of moisture and smoother, more moisturized, more supple, firmer lips in just four weeks. I bought this balm in Chatswood Westfield for less than $4AUD. Amazing! Baby Lips are just about the same prince in both Aus and the States. Foreign Baby Lips contain a little bit less product, 4g, as opposed to America's 4.4g. Unfortunately Maybelline products are tested on animals. This lip balm was made in China.
 International Baby Lips are packaged like any old chapstick. A short little tube with a pink cap. Product twists up like in any similarly packaged lip balms. The grey and pink label that wraps around the tube are similar in design to the graphics on the American version's cap. I prefer the American packaging, it's cuter and more unique. Info like ingredients and product info can be found on the cardboard backing this balm is sold in.
 The texture of Maybelline's Pink Glow is a little bit waxier than I expect from Baby Lips, but it's still smooth, slick, and silky on the lips. My lips immediately feel softer, moisturized, and protected. I don't think I get a full 8 hours of hydration from this balm, maybe three, which is still good enough for me. I don't know if my lips are more supple or firmer, but I can say that they seem healthy, and haven't been chapped for the last month.
 At first the color never developed on my lips. I was thoroughly annoyed, but with products that react to pH, how a product works for you is highly personal. I knew that the color change technology worked for a friend. Then, all of a sudden, about a week or so ago, the color started developing on my lips shortly after application. It's not a lot of color, just a sheer pink tip. I already have pretty pigmented lips so it's not super noticeable on me. For all I know it may have been happening the whole time and I hadn't been paying close enough attention. I've had this balm for 6 weeks, but only started examining it for review two weeks ago. The color only lasts about a half hour, but that's ok, it's only a tinted lip balm. This balm is flavored like "Mixed Berries". It's a very subtle flavoring, no where near as strong as Pink Punch's flavor, but I like them both equally.
I like Maybelline's Pink Glow Baby Lips in Baby Pink. I prefer the American form of Baby Lips, but my preference is only marginal. The international formula is just as hydrating, really it comes down to a packaging, texture, and shade selection.  Price is roughly the same, but the Aussie version contains just a little bit less product than it's American counterpart, but the price is super affordable for Australia. If you live in Aus, check out Maybelline's Pink Glow balms, they're moisturizing with some cool color changing technology. I hope they bring a similar formulation to the States soon.

Ingredients:
Polybutene, Microcrystalline Wax, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Castor Oil, Myristyl Myristate, Octyldodecanol, Polygylceryl 3, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Ozokerite, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Abscorbal Palmitate, Lantonin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Fragrance

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Red 21, Carmine 

Leave a Comment

  1. They look pretty cool :D Too bad I'm neither stateside or in Australia!

    I'm hosting a giveaway featuring Asian cosmetics! Drop by and enter if you're interested :D

    http://ms-americanpie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. kinda jealous i want but im in CA =( waaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only a fifteen hour flight away =)

      Delete
  3. I'm really glad that you included that Maybelline tests on animals. Many gurus don't take the time to include if or if not companies do. That's actually one of the reasons that I only buy from Maybelline if I really want to try something. I know it's a small thing, but to me it's really important. Also, this color is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's some of the most important info to include.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Most people don't think it is :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...