Bath&BodyWorks Into The Wild Shower Gel Review




 Bath&BodyWorks' Into the Wild is a "seductive blend of exotic mandarin, lush petals, and white woods inspired by a sensuous escape into the jungle". The scent was recently discontinued in store, but is still available online. Into the Wild is available in five products, Shower Gel, Fine Fragrance Mist, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Creme, and Eau de Toilette. This shower gel is the old formula, if you don't know, Bath&BodyWorks recently reformulated their shower gels to include shea butter. Bath&BodyWorks was a little over confident in their old shower gel formula, calling it the worlds best daily luxury. This shower gel is promised to "provide the ultimate shower experience, pampering you with luxurious lather, moisturizing aloe, and nourishing vitamin e that gently cleanses, softens, and fragrances your skin." I got the full size 10fl oz shower gel during the Semi-Annual Sale for just $3, a shower gel of this size usually sells for $11. All Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and made in America.
 Bath&BodyWorks Signature Collection Shower Gels come in a recyclable, clear, hourglass shaped, plastic bottle topped off with a silver pop up cap. The dispenser never seems to clog or gum up, which is nice. Into the Wild has a very appealing label. Lush green plants sit in the foreground as light green rays of light illuminate  the fuchsia forest floor. The name of the scent is written in bold white capital letters. The imagery and color scheme if really eye catching and pretty. The back label features a product description, scent description, full ingredient list, plus some company info.
 I wasn't expecting much from Into the Wild. A lot of people called it obnoxious, too perfumey. At first sniff I agreed, but after I used it my opinion changed drastically. Before I go on here is the full list of scent notes:

Top Notes: Juicy Mandarin, Red Apples, Pear Blossoms, Pimento Berry, Pink Currant Buds, Fresh Aldehydes
Mid Notes: Magnolia Petals, Night Blooming Jasmine, Wild Honeysuckle
Dry Notes: Gold Patchouli Leaves Okoume Wood, Tonka Crystals, White Moss, Warm Musk

This scent isn't anyone's cup of tea at first. Some find it perfumey, others think it's medicinal. I found it pretty gross at first but then I used it and promptly fell in love. The first note I notice in Into the Wild is what smells to me like grapefruit, but it's probably actually mandarin. There's definitely notes of apple present, along with garden fresh but indistinguishable floral notes and a warm end note of musk. Into the Wild is a lush, thick scent without being heavy. It's a little bit dirty and kinda sexy while remaining fresh and only a tad perfumey. Into the Wild lingers on the skin for a while after my shower. It's one of those scents that smells way better on the skin than straight out of the bottle. I guess it's a matter of body chemistry and acquired taste.
 This body wash is a pretty periwinkle gel. Said to be "supercharged with benefits", this shower gel is meant to keep you clean, soft, and smelling good. While I don't think any of Bath&BodyWorks claims are particularly true, but  I do love their shower gels. They lather so richly, they're bubbly and fun to use and impart a nice amount of scent onto the skin. This shower gel doesn't actually offer anything beneficial to your skin, but there's no negative effects either.
I wish I'd discovered Into the Wild sooner, you know, like, before it got discontinued. I'm glad I got a great deal on it, or else I probably wouldn't have tried it. I plan to stock up on it during the next semi-annual sale in January. This scent takes a little time to get used to and isn't for the weak. It's a little bit naughty and primal but still feminine. I think my boyfriend would like it. On me, not him, he doesn't use lady soaps. The formula is decent, typical Bath&BodyWorks shower gel. I'm really sad that this scent can't be bought in-store any more. Next sale, or next time you shop at Bath&BodyWorks online, think about picking up Into the Wild.

See my other Bath&BodyWorks Shower Gel reviews here.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, TEA Lauryl Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Oleth-10, Fragrance, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide MIPA, Lauramide MEA, Aloe, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Peg 40 Castor Oil, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Chloride, Peg 150, Pentaerthityl Tetrasterates, Triethanolamine, PGG 12 Buteth 16, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Triethylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizaolinone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnimal, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropinol, Red 33, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Ext Violet 2 

Leave a Comment

  1. You can't use if it's naughty ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite scents :) So sad it was discontinued :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...