Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush Review




 Bare Escentuals' Full Coverage Kabuki Brush is one of at least four kabukis offered by this well known mineral makeup brand. This brush was designed to apply their loose mineral foundation. The Full Coverage Kabuki is made of goat hair. Bare Escentuals says that the "large, firm brush head allows for flawless full coverage application in record time and it feels incredible on your skin". My sister in law passed their brush on to me after she bought a new one. This kabuki brush retails for $28, and is by and far the most expensive brush I own. If you didn't notice in the first couple sentences, this is a animal hair brush, so vegans and the like may want to steer clear. I'm unsure of where this brush was made or purchased.
 This kabuki brush has a short, round metal handle. The brush name is on one side of the handle, the brand name can be found on the other. Looks sleek, has good weight in the hand. The brush head is huge. Well it's probably about the same size as an average kabuki brush, but it feels big. The bristles are incredibly dense, there is an innumerable amount of hairs in this brush. Unfortunately in the case of Bare Escentuals' Full Coverage Kabuki, density does not equal softness. Goat hair? You don't say! This brush is rough and scratchy, sometimes my cheeks even hurt a little after use. For being a nearly $30 brush, it isn't top quality at all. The bristles splay a lot at the edge of the brush. The brush head sheds both on the face and during washing. Its difficult to get all the product out during brush baths, it takes at least two shampoos to get most of the product out. I also always condition this, and all my natural hair brushes, after washing. It takes a fair while to dry, but what can you expect from an animal hair kabuki brush. Though it isn't put together perfectly, I will compliment Bare Escentuals on the even cut of the hairs and the uniformity of the bristle movement.
 Ok so it's not the softest brush and has some construction issues but this isn't a terrible brush. It blends well enough and I like to use it for applying powders and bronzers. I mainly use this brush as a last, finishing step to blend everything together. It can give bronzer a very subtle look and it gives an even, finished, put together look to the skin.
 Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush gets the job done, but it doesn't feel good when you're working with it. The goat hair bristles are really scratchy and unpleasant, and don't be surprised to find a few on your face afterwards. Do not like. I definitely don't recommend this brush, or any by Bare Escentuals, I've never heard any good about their brushes, except from one person who doesn't know much about makeup or brushes and repurchases all her brushes once a year, and also from my sister in law, who also fits the profile of the first person mentioned. It's not worth $28 at all. I'm currently looking to replace this brush, I hear good stuff about ELF's Studio Line Kabuki, so that may be my next brush purchase.

Does anyone wanna hear a gross story about this brush?

Leave a Comment

  1. I really love goats so I don't think I could use this one! I would feel like i'm rubbing a goat's butt on me or their beard maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you use my hair for this ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANNA HEAR THE GROSS STORY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO MY SISTER IN LAW GAVE ME THIS BRUSH AND I OBVS WANTED TO WASH IT BEFORE USE CAUSE SHARING BRUSHES AND STUFF IS ICKY RIGHT? WELL I WASHED IT AND IT WAS LIKE WASHING CHOCOLATE MILK OUT OF A BRUSH. IT WAS SO FULL OF BRONZER AND HER TOO DARK FOUNDATION I HAD TO WASH IT LITERALLY 7 TIMES WITH DIFFERENT SOAPS JUST TO GET IT ALL OUT. IT WAS SO GROSS SHE HAD CLEARLY NEVER WASHED IT EVEN ONCE IN THE THREE YEARS SHE HAD IT.

      Delete
    2. OH MY GOD THAT IS TERRIFYING.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...