NYX Frosted Ocean Eyeshadow Single Review




 NYX Frosted Ocean is one of over 160 shades in the Eyeshadow Single line. NYX says that their eyeshadow singles are richly pigmented, easy to blend, and last many hours. NYX eyeshadows are hypoallergenic. NYX prides it's self in being a cruelty free brand. This eyeshadow was made in China. I accidentally purchased this shade at Ulta for $4.99 for 2.5g  (I thought it was black ;_;). NYX products can be kinda elusive if you're looking to buy in store, they're most easily found at Ulta, but if you're lucky you might spot them in your local drugstore or beauty supplier, or maybe even Hot Topic. I've even found a small NYX display at Giant Eagle. NYX can be bought online through the brand's website, Cherry Culture, and a variety of e-Tailers.
 I love NYX' Eyeshadow Singles packaging. Little black square compacts with a clear window, letting you peek in at the color. These plastic compacts are surprisingly sturdy, I've dropped several, the shadows inside have never broken. A little label on the back provides a full ingredient list, product and company info, and the color. What's better than cute, sturdy, functional, informative packaging? This packaging is also recyclable.
 Frosted Ocean, at first touch, seems like it would have the same wonderful texture most other NYX shadows have. Unfortunately it doesn't.. The texture is much drier than usual, it's hard to work with. Frosted Ocean resists blending, it just does not want to budge. I didn't realize how still this shadow was until I tried working it into a look for the first time. It took force, a lot of time, and two brushes to get Frosted Ocean where I wanted it to go. I'm just baffled at how uncooperative this shadow is. I'll stop before I start repeating myself. The lack of blendability is probably tied in with the lack of pigmentation. In the pan and over a base Frosted Ocean is really pretty, a deep dark navy with bright aqua sparkles. It's a pretty shade that would look great in the crease for a smokey eye or as a liner. But it's incredibly sheer and patchy. It definitely needs a primer to look decent
So blending is a nightmare, but what about application and wear? Frosted Ocean is definitely the kind of color that needs to be patted on, preferably over a sticky base. Sweeping this shadow on would only further dilute the color. Regardless of how you apply it, Frosted Ocean still causes a bit of fall out, mostly the pretty aqua glitters with a little bit of actual shadow, it's not awful though. I bet based on the tone of the rest of the review, you're expecting Frosted Ocean to get horrible marks in the wear department; but no, despite the trouble it gives during application one it's there it stays put. Frosted Ocean does fade a little bit, after about 6 hours, but it doesn't crease at all, and there is no additional fall out. Frosted Ocean actually tends to stain my lids, which is as bad as poor wear. 
I'm very disappointed by NYX Eyeshadow Single in Frosted Ocean. It's just an over all poor shadow. It lacks in both pigmentation and blendability. I didn't know NYX was capable of making such a stubborn eyeshadow. It's a shame because the wear is decent and the color is really pretty. I mean a navy with aqua glitter, that's so fabulous. I expect a lot of NYX shadows, they're one of my favorites, but I guess each one can't be a winner. At least I can use the excuse that I bought it on accident. I definitely won't be repurchasing Frosted Ocean, and I don't recommend it. I'm sure NYX makes a better dark blue. I'll probably toss this shadow. 

Ingredients:
Talc, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Squalane, Dipentarthrityl, Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tix Oxides, Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxides, Ferric Ferrocyanide

Leave a Comment

  1. dang! it really looks so so pretty too :c poop :c

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the review :D
    this is very helpful

    http://owleryowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...