Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream Review

 Living Proof's No Frizz Styling Cream "stops frizz in it's tracks, keeping all styles frizz free, soft, and smooth. Living Proof's miracle molecule, OFPMA, conquers frizz by blocking humidity without silicone or heavy oils". A miracle molecule? Wow, that doesn't sound like a gimmick. I received a 2fl oz travel size bottle in my June MyGlam bag. Living Proof products can be bought online at the brand's website, or at Ulta, Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom, or via QVC and select salons. This styling cream is available in three sizes, 2fl oz ($15), 4fl oz ($26), or 8fl oz ($36). This product was made in the UK. I'm having trouble finding information about this brand's animal testing policy, so please look into it yourself if animal testing is an issue that concerns you.
 Packaging looks like it belongs to a salon brand, it's not very functional though. A short, fat, round, grey squeeze tube topped off with a white flip top cap. The cap really flips too, all the way off the bottle! Not cool. The name of the product can be found on the front of the bottle, product info on the side, and a full ingredient list, directions, and company info on the back. It's very hard to get the correct amount of product out, I either squeeze and squeeze and only get a few drops out, or I get an entire handful. The bottle is level 7 recyclable, not all areas offer high level recycling, mine doesn't. I'm not a fan of Living Proof's packaging, it leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to functionality, quality, and it's not very eco-friendly. The only real upside is that it looks like it belongs to a brand you'd buy at Sephora. Not necessarily fancy, it just has that minimalistic look many higher end hair care brands have. That doesn't make up for it's cons though.
 This styling "cream" is more of a thick, white gel. It spreads very evenly through the hair, you don't need much to coat your hair. Living Proof's Styling Cream doesn't seem to provide any hold. I think the product's purpose is to make hair more manageable and easier to work with, at least that's what it does for me. Living Proof's Styling Cream makes my hair easier to brush through and helps prevent flyaway hairs. I don't have much frizz to speak of, so I can't really say if it helps to reduce frizz or not. This product helps me achieve the sleek bun/ponytail look. This styling cream keeps my hair smooth all day long without making my hair hard, crunchy or flaky, a problem I frequently encounter with styling products. This styler smells like grapefruit to me, natural grapefruit, not artificial overly sweet grapefruit. I like it.
I'm a fan of Living Proof's No Frizz Styling Cream. While I can't say it tames frizz, I can say that it smooths my hair very well, giving a sleep look and feel. The results last all day for me. I've used this styler on a near daily basis and it's still practically full. I think I might splurge on a full size bottle one day. The value definitely seems like it's there. The packaging could definitely be improved upon, though the problems may be unique to the little 2fl oz bottle. If you have some cash to burn and want sleek, manageable hair and a styling product that doesn't harden your hair, maybe consider Living Proof's No Fizz Styling Cream.

Ingredients:
Water/Eau/Aqua (Solvent), Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA) (Moisture-Controlling Active), Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyacrylate-13 (Thickening Agent), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsion Stabilizer, Conditioning Agent), Polyisobutene (Thickening Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance/Parfum, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbic Acid, Citronellol (Fragrance Component), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Component), Limonene (Fragrance Component), Citral (Fragrance Component), Geraniol (Fragrance Component)

ingredients courtesy of livingproof.com

I like that they explain what every ingredient is for. 

3 comments

  1. I have been meaning to try Living Proof products out. I might skip the styling cream but I probably will try out their sprays and hair masks. Thank you so much for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bottle's cute! But that sucks it's not too functional! I really want to try this and I might have to splurge and get some~

    ReplyDelete