June&July My Glam Bags




These were my first two Glam Bags. I decided to wait to subscribe til after a lot of the controversies calmed down, and so far I'm actually pretty pleased. Here are my June and July bags. 
 The bag. This bag was awful quality and smelled kinda weird. I already passed it on (sorry Cecilia).
 The contents were pleasing though
 I was looking forward to this product most. I haven't tried it yet, but the name appeals to me and I've always wanted to try something from Philosophy. This moisturizer is supposed to detoxify the skin. My Glam also included a coupon for free shipping with no minimum order, but the offer is already expired for me, not that I would've used it. This moisturizer is ideal for combination skin, but can be used by all, according to the included card.
 Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream
I've never used a styling cream before, nor have I heard of this brand. This product is supposed to "stop frizz in it's tracks, keeping all styles frizz free, soft, and smooth. Living Proof's miracle molecule OFPMA conquers frizz permanently by blocking humidity without silicone or oils" Yeah. Sure. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to use it. My Glam also included a coupon for a No Frizz set of shampoo, condition, and nourishing cream for $35, an $11 discount. The bottles are a very small size, so that's ridiculously priced. I don't see an expiration date. 
 NYX Round Lipstick - Saturn
So relived I didn't get Vitamin or Orange Soda like so many people did. Orange Soda is not a cute color, and I have Vitamin already. This color is ok. Not one I'd pick for myself, but it looks good on me. I already really like Round Lipsticks, so I'm pleased one was included. These lipsticks are supposed to give "incredible color that resists wear and smudging, let your lipstick last all night with an amazing, velvety smooth mineral formula".
 Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen which is said to help you "master the art of beautiful eyes with this unique waterproof, smudge free,and long lasting semi permanent eyeliner pen". I have not heard good things about this one. Apparently it's quite smudgy. I only tried it once and took it right back off. It applies well and has a damp tip. However, it's not semi-permanent in the positive way. It came off easily, but my eyelids were stained black for 2 days. Not cool. Also, it's not very black at all, it's really more of a grey. 
 July bag. Cute! Better quality than last months. 
 lots of stuff! 
 NuMe HydroPunch Conditioner
Straightforward, a conditioner. I can never have too much conditioner. My Glam included a coupon for a $49 set of HydroPunch hair care, or 50% off a styling product. Offer expires on Halloween. 
 Juice Beauty Green Apple SPF Moisturizer 
This was one of the month's "either or" products. You either received this one or Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion. I wanted this one, so I was really glad I go it. I mainly wanted it because of it's green apple scent, which isn't particularly strong. I'm currently using this moisturizer, and it's not as good as I thought. It's quite thick, so you need to use a good amount of it for your full face, which is inconvenient because this is a fairly small sample. 
 Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes
Yes. I like these. I've already reviewed them so I won't say too much.  
 Buxom Big&Healthy Lip Polish in Sugar
Another either or product, you might've gotten a Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip&Cheek stain instead. I'm wearing this gloss right now. It's very tingly and cool feeling, which I like. I don't really need much lip plumping  though D: . 
Circus by Andrea's Choice Nail Color - Somersault
I'm glad I got somersault, a bright yellow. It's not bad for a yellow polish. You need three coats and it's a little streaky, but lets not get too picky, yellow polishes are rarely very good. Some people got a white one called Reverso. Apparently this line will have five shades. I like the packaging :3 

Leave a Comment

  1. I can't wait for you to review the products! I'm thinking of subscribing when I put my paycheck in the bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep in mind there is a waiting list, it usually lasts 2-3 months.

      Delete
  2. The Yes Cucumber wipes sound amazing! I saw them at a store the other day and now I have to pick some up!

    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not too great at removing makeup, but I love them for no makeup kind of days.

      Delete
  3. You got pretty much everything I wanted lol!
    I wanted the yellow polish and got the white.
    I wanted the green apple and got the other one.
    And I wanted the buxom gloss and got the lip stain.
    Oh well luck of the draw I suppose, but I completely agree that both bags were definitely worth the $$.

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the stain! :( I would offer a trade but I've already used it a couple times.

      Delete
    2. You're really not missing out much with the Juiced item. Sure, it smells nice and everything but it't SO hard to work with, leaves a white tint on your face unless you spend half of your morning rubbing it in, and it takes ages to sink into the skin. For only having SPF 15 in it I was VERY disappointed. :(

      Delete
    3. I agree partially. It's far too thick in my opinion. I don't have too much issues with it taking long to sink in though.

      Delete
  4. I feel like I'm the only person that is a fan of Marbella, haha. I guess I just found the best way to use it and stuck with it. :) I don't use it to make dramatic or thick lines (I like to reserve that for gel liners anyways), instead I use the very tip to thinly line my upper lash line. It works like a dream. I've never had issues with it smudging (probably due to the fact that I only use a very tiny amount) but I have noticed slight staining. Oh well.
    I still love it though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...