Influenster Summer Beauty Vox Box




I got my Influenster Summer Beauty Vox Box in the mail quite a while ago, but obviously I couldn't open it til today. For those of you who don't know, Influenster is an online community where you earn badges to show how "influential" you are, both irl and online. The more influential you are, the more boxes you qualify to receive. Each box is 100% free, but you're obliged to review the products. 
 Post card
 Product descriptions and pricing, that I'll copy below with a first impression. 
 Quaker Soft Baked Banana Nut Bread ($3.29 pr box, MSRP)
"Made with real bananas and almonds, Quaker Soft Bars in Banana Nut Bread flavor have tasty ingredients to help provide fuel to start your day. 5g of fiber, 20% daily value of 5 B Vitamins, and 6g of protein!"
I am staunchly anti-banana. However, this is right up my mum's alley, so she's going to do a guest review of it :3. I'll try a bite though. 
 Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color - $9.99
"Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color is summer's hottest nail trend that allows you to create a gorgeous 3D nail art effect in just seconds! This unique formula was specially developed with metallic particles - just hold the built-in magnet over wet polish to reveal a unique design on the nail"
I've been wanting to try a magnetic polish for a while, but was always put off by the price, especially when the magnet is sold separately. I'm trying this polish out on one finger, and it seems really cool. The polish and metallic design are really interesting, and it was as easy to use as expected. I'm actually really excited to review this polish. I got the shade "Polar Purple". 
 Sally Hansen Nails and Cuticles Hand Creme ($5.99 full size)
"Made with shea butter, the Sally Hansen Nails&Cuticles Creme softens hands, smooths cuticles, and conditions nails. Active Moisture Complex formula with Ceramides helps to lock in nutrients so hands maintain their ideal moisture level. Offers 24 hour moisture and lasts through hand washings"
I don't really need any more lotions or hand creams, but this one makes some interesting promises. Smoothing cuticles and conditions nails? Good luck, I have cuticles from hell. But I'm willing to give it a shot. It smells like orange peels to me, not sure if like. The consistency is good, and it seems fairly moisturizing, but I've only had it on for 6 or so hours. 
 Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion SPF 30 ($8.99/6fl oz)
"With it's ultra-luxurious hydrating silk ribbons, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration lotion sunscreen nourishes and pampers the skin while providing broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, and 12 hour moisturization when out in the sun".
I've never tried anything by Hawaiian Tropic before. The only opinion I have about this brand is that I find their packaging appealing. I'mma say something real controversial right now. I don't really do sun screen. I mean if I'm going to Kennywood or will be out all day I will, but otherwise I don't. I mean lets be honest, how often do I go outside? But I'll try this one out next time I plan to be outdoors. It smells coconutty and has a typical sunscreen formula, maybe a little less greasy. 
 Clear Scalp and Hair Beauty Therapy ($4.99-5.99/12.7fl oz bottle)
"Did you know 99% of hair's natural strength comes from the scalp? Introducing Clear Scalp&Hair Beauty Therapy, a new line of shampoos and conditioners that nourish the scalp, and create the right foundation for strong, beautiful hair from root to tip. Wash your way to stronger hair in just seven days". 
Apparently this is a really buzzed about product, lots of commercials and online advertising. I wouldn't know, there definitely weren't any in Australia. I hear a lot of positive feedback on these products. I definitely won't be washing my way to stronger hair in seven days though. I'd like to retain some color please. This product wasn't included in everyone's box.  
Tampax and Always Radiant Collection (MSRP varies)
"Tampax and Always have come together to premiere the all-new, stylish Radiant collection, a complete offering of premium tampons, pads, liners, and wipes that meat all of  a woman's feminine care needs. With designer packaging and wrappers these products are must-have accessories for that time of the month"
I'm not so sure about this. How do I review these things? How are lady things stylish? Why "designer" packaging and wrappers? The concept of the Radiant Collection doesn't make sense to me. I think of pads n'at as a practical thing, not something that needs to be cute. Also I don't talk about my period to no one. Well my mum and Dean, but only in small passing comments, or complaints about tummy aches and the like. 

Overall I'm looking forward to trying most of the Influenster Summer Beauty Vox Box. The Quaker bar doesn't appeal to me, I don't know how to review feminine hygiene products, but these are part of my blogging adventure. Besides, who doesn't want their mum to guest review a snack bar? I like the concept of this box, it's getting me to try products I wouldn't typically choose, and helping me branch out with brands I am familiar with, like Sally Hansen. I'm going to start testing the products probably next week. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I don't think I'm able to guest-post about the pads, huh =[

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...