Avon Naturals Sparkling Pear&Acai Body Spray Review

 Avon's Sparkling Pear&Acai is the newest limited edition scent in their well loved Naturals line. I'd been calling this "Juicy Pear&Acai" by mistake. Avon describes the scent as "Ripe&Refreshing! This vivacious fragrance delightfully blends the lush, sparkling freshness of pears with the bold, berry vibrancy of acai". I purchased this body spray for $3.75, but it normally retails for $9, so I got a really great deal. Avon body sprays contain 8.4fl oz (250ml) of product. This product was made in the USA. Avon claims that they don't do any animal testing, but recently there has been some controversies, so please do you homework before purchasing their products.

 I really like the packaging for Avon's Naturals body sprays (and all Naturals line products in general). I think the bottles look much more mature than what most body sprays come in. The recyclable plastic bottles feel sturdy in the hand and are quite tall, tall enough to make storage kinda difficult. It's difficult for me, as I keep my body sprays and perfumes in a small drawer, so I keep these laid on their sides, or on my dresser separately. The spray pump dispenses a fine, concentrated mist without much pressure needed. Really I think Naturals spray bottles are ideal. The label for Sparkling Pear&Acai is a bright, springy green with images of pear slices and what I can only assume are acai berries. The multilingual label features plenty of product information, including a scent description and a full list of ingredients. Functional and attractive ftw.
 The scent of Sparkling Pear&Acai is different. Different in the way that it's unique, and different from what I expected it to be from the scratch-n-sniff sample included in the catalog (not that you can ever trust those things). The scratch-n-sniff sample made Sparklin g Pear&Acai seem like a much fruitier, generic scent than what it truly is. I'm going to be upfront here, before I continue, and tell you that I haven't a clue what acai berries smell like. All I know is that they used to be a diet fad a couple years ago, and that no one knows how exactly to pronounce "acai". I think I know why Avon calls the pear in this scent "sparkling" as opposed to "juicy". Sparkling Pear&Acai doesn't smell like pears, at least not in the fruit form. This spray smells just like a pear wine or some other pear based, fruity, alcoholic beverage. It's not from the scent having too much alcohol in it, it just has that bubbly, effervescent, semi-aged scent to it. You know what I mean? That note that makes wine smell like wine. I like fruity champagne, but I'm not sure if I want to smell like it, honestly. Ok yes I do. Honestly I don't know why Avon just didn't call this "Sparkling Pear" and drop the Acai nonsense. As far as I'm concerned it isn't even existent in this scent. It's light, crispy, and pleasant on the skin, very freshh and summery, but something I'd skip if you're going to be in a more formal environment where smelling like you've had a glass of champagne would be frowned upon.
 Sparkling Pear&Acai doesn't have the best lasting power. Because it's a light scent that stays very close to the skin, it's not the most apparently scent in the first place, but I'd say I only get 2-3 hours of wear from this particular scent. Obviously layering it with the corresponding shower gel and/or lotion would be very helpful if you want to smell like Sparkling Pear&Acai all day long, especially since the size of the bottle doesn't make it ideal for carrying around with you to re-spray. To be fair you could always decant this body spray into a smaller spritzer bottle. I always mean to do that but I never do.
I'm a big fan of Avon's Naturals body sprays in general. They have very attractive packaging, they're colorful, have a great selection of scents that varies throughout the year. The wear time can be variable though, Sparkling Pear&Acai being one of the sprays with the shorter wear. Though Sparkling Pear&Acai isn't my favorite (shout out, Violet&Lychee!), I do really like it. It's really not what I was expecting, in a good way. I don't think I've ever encountered a pear wine scented body spray, and I'm not actually sure if Avon meant to have it smell this way, but kudos to them for creating this scent. It's a good summer scent that's light, crisp, and clean but still fruity. Avon's body sprays are a good value even if you buy them for full price, but sales are frequent and good deals are never hard to come by, if you keep your eye out, you may even be able to score them for 68% off, like I did. I recommend Sparkling Pear&Acai if you love the smell of summery, fruity wines or if you're a general pear fan, or really if you're up for trying something new and unexpected. I'd repurchase this scent if Avon repromotes this next summer, as I plan to wear it rather frequently.

Ingredients:
SD-40 Alcohol, Water, Fragrance, Pear Fruit Extract, Palm Heart Extract, Benzophenone 3, Triclosan, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Potassium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Yellow 10, Violet 2, Blue 1

2 comments

  1. oh man i love pear scents! i will totally have to buy this :o

    ReplyDelete