Prestige My Biggest Lashes Review

 Prestige is an oft overlooked drugstore brand, in fact this is my first product from them. Prestige doesn't make any wild claims about the results My Biggest Lashes will give you, unless you count the name as a claim. Anyway, Prestige merely claims that the "full, plush brush coats each lash" giving "long lasting color" in "one coat application". Pretty simple. My Biggest Lashes is available in black or brown, I have black. There is no waterproof version. I purchased my .46fl oz tube at Ulta for $6.50. Prestige does not test on animals. This mascara was made in the USA. Prestige is available in most drugstores, Ulta, and I believe Walmart.

 Packaging for My Biggest Lashes is a bright fuchsia tube with black diagonal stripes covering most of the tube, only parting ways to showcase the name. The brand and name of mascara is written in black lettering in various fonts. There isn't much information on the tube. The packaging kind says "generic, boring drugstore brand" to me. Perhaps that's why Prestige receives so little attention. Had I not actually been on the lookout for My Biggest Lashes, it never would've caught my eye. I usually walk past the Prestige display without even glancing. Upon searching their website, I've decided most of their products lack visual interest, and that My Biggest Lashes' packaging is kinda fancy in comparison.
 My Biggest Lashes don't have the biggest brush, but it's pretty decent in size. It's actually quite similar to Revlon Grow Luscious' brush, except a bit shorter and a bit more dense. The traditional bristles are average in length, dense but not overly so. The brush tapers to a point. This is an easy to use brush that makes for simple, mess free application. So does this mascara give me "My Biggesr Lashes"? Probably not my biggest, but they're pretty voluminous when I wear it. On top of the good volume, you also get a good amount of length. Really the only mascara that gives me bigger lashes is Grow Luscious. I notice a lot of similarities between these two mascaras. The brush, the results, the consistency of the formula. Maybe Prestige is owned by Revlon. It might be like how Covergirl's Lash Blast Volume has the same formula and brush as Max Factor's False Lash Effect. Same product, two different brands, both owned by the same corporation.
 [bare lashes]
Ok. So you get pretty big lashes from this mascara. Do you get them in one coat as promised? Honestly it depends on how big you want them to be. One coat really gives a nice amount of natural looking volume and thickness, with some added length. One coat gives you full, flirty, cute lashes. Two coats gives you hardcore volume with a significant amount of added length, almost a false lash look. Three coats would definitely be pushing it into 'clumpy, scary big' lash territory, 
 [one coat]
My Biggest Lashes wears really well. It actually became my go-to work mascara for a couple weeks, it lasts that well. No smudging for upwards of 8 hours, however your bottom lashes might flake off partially on a particularly hot or humid day. On an average day, you can expect flawless wear for 8-10 hours, no problem. Removal is a non-issue. Despite holding up well throughout the day, My Biggest Lashes removes with water and a bit of cleanser or makeup remover. Easy. =D 
[two coats]
I really like Prestige's My Biggest Lashes mascara. It's so much better than I thought it would be, though I find it oddly similar to Revlon's Grow Luscious, that's ok though, cause I FLOVE Grow Luscious. It's a shame this brand, and more specifically, this mascara are overlooked. I plan to try more Prestige products in the future. I'm glad I took the risk of buying this mascara and opening myself up to a new brand. I recommend My Biggest Lashes if you want big, black lashes that'll stay that way all day long. I likely won't repurchase, but this mascara will get a ton of use in our time together.

Ingredients:
 Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Propylene Glycol, Isostearyl Alcohol, Rosin Ester, Triethanolamine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetyl Alcohol, PVP, Keratin Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Lanolin Acid, Butylene Glycol Cocoate, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Borate, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Ethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben
May Contain:
Iron Oxides

ingredients courtesy of prestigecosmetics.com
Special thanks to Roommate for giving me the birthday cash I bought this with and patiently, but awkwardly waiting outside Ulta. 

2 comments

  1. Not quite your biggest lashes =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how nice it makes your lashes, there's definitely a visible difference.

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete