Thursday, April 12, 2012

NYX Round Lipstick - Femme Review

NYX Round Lipstick in Femme is a bright pink-coral with a satin finish. Available in 126 shades, this super versatile line of lipsticks is paraben free, cruelty free, and hypoallergenic. I purchased this lipstick at Ulta for $4, for 4 grams of product. NYX is kinda hard to track down, but you can find it at Ulta, http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/, and http://cherryculture.com/, as well as select drugstores and e-tailers. This product is made in Taiwan.
Every single time I review Round Lipsticks, I rave about the adorability and functionality of the packaging. A black twist up tube with matching cap that snaps of firmly. The tube is sturdy, and about 2 1/2 inches long, making it purse and pocket friendly. They're also clearly labeled, making storage super easy. The NYX logo is cute and girly, without over powering the sleek packaging. 

The color of Femme is a common one, but it has it's own personal complexity. Femme seems neutral to me, but I can't quite tell. Femme is very bright, making it perfectly on trend for the summer. It's a pink-coral, but it has a strong orange red tone to it. However the orange-red tones don't compromise the pink tones, but instead seem to balance them out. I suppose that's why it's neutral. Femme has a satiny finish when first applied, but as you wear it, it dries down to more of a matte finish, making it more wearable.
Femme applies very easily, but you may need two swipes to get a fully opaque coat. The texture of Femme is just a little drier than your average NYX Round Lipstick. But this is a good thing. Because Femme isn't as slick and slippery as most of the range, it wears much better. No feathering or sliding off the lip, with a bit less transfering. However Femme still only manages to wear for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Some how NYX Rounds just can't stay on for longer than that. 

A lot of people complain about the sunscreen-like scent and taste of the NYX Round Lipsticks. Personally it doesn't bother me, but I thought it deserved a mention.
I love Femme. It's my new favorite NYX Round Lipstick. The only thing average about it is the wear time. It's texture is much better than usual. Best of all, Femme is perfect for spring and summer's bright lip trend, while still being wearable. I'll be wearing Femme frequently this summer, and if I manage to work my way through the whole tube, I'll most likely repurchase.

Ingredients:
Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl -2 Triisostearate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, B.H.A, Fragrance, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide Red, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Black, D&C Red No.6, D&C Red No.7, D&C Red No.27, FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake, and D&C Red No.36 MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 (CI 45410:1), or FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140).


9 comments:

  1. So many ingredients for such a tiny product. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color looks great on you!

    rianron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!!! i may have to go pick this up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like their lipsticks; the only thing that bothers me as that they never really set and that leads them to smudge really easily on me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I get you there. They're so slippy. This one isn't though. Win.

      Delete
  5. I love this color. I bought Pumpkin Spice and Strawberry Milk and I was debating also snatching this color. Now I'm definitely going to have to go back and get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as much as I do. n_n

      Delete
  6. I just bought my first NYX lipstick today in Haute Melon and it's so creamy and beautiful! I can totally see myself becoming an addict to these lipsticks :p

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Don't use my comments as advertising space. Please don't ask for a follow back, I check every blog that follows me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...