Maybelline Pink Punch Baby Lips Review+Swatches

 Maybelline Baby Lips is a moisturizing lip balm with SPF 20. Maybelline gives a lot of facts and figures for this balm, so I'll list them here:
-82% saw visibly less dry lips.
- 94% saw less rough lips
-77% saw more supple lips
-77& saw better looking lips.
I'm not sure what scale of lip roughness Maybelline based this on. Either way these figures are based off of four weeks of use. Maybelline makes this product in the USA. Unfortunately they do test on animals, so factor that in when choosing whether or not to use their products. I purchased this balm at Rite Aid for for $3.49 for 4.4g or .15 oz. I purchased the shade Pink Punch. I believe Maybelline offers 7 or 8 shades in this line. I believe this lip balm started the trend of lipstick/lip balm hybrids that's currently super popular right now.

 The opinion on Baby Lips' packaging varies. Some think its adorable and modern. Others find it juvenile and tacky. Personally I like it, I think it suits the playful nature of the product. I mean it's called Baby Lips, can you really expect it to have some sort of sleek, metallic packaging? Frankly, I think Maybelline could've made the packaging for their Dream Bouncy Blushes more similar to this.
Packaging for Pink Punch is a pink twist up tube with a clear cap with big, bold yellow letters that spell out the name of the product. It's a dynamic and eye catching color combo.
 Maybelline gives you 4 grams of product. That's tons! Scroll it up, and the stick of balm is nearly two inches tall. For the 6 or so weeks I've had this product, and I've been using it a lot, I've barely made a dent in the product, so one Baby Lips will last you a good while. Value Win.
You know what else is a win about Baby Lips? The texture. It's the perfect texture for a balm. A little bit greasy, but in a good way. On the lips it feels so silky and comfortable. Because of of how silky Baby Lips is,it applies very easily. It glides right on with no effort at all.
 The color of Pink Punch is really cute. A bright, yellow pink with a sheer, satiny finish. Though this balm is sheer, it is buildable, and Pink Punch can be layered, and becomes a bright, light pink. Honestly, when layered, I think Pink Punch has a little better color way off than my Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter.

Wear time for this balm  is ok. I get about half an hour to 40 minutes of glossiness, and about two hours of color and moisture. Good for a balm, much better than a chapstick. Not quite as long lasting as a Revlon Lip Butter though. So does Maybelline Baby Lips really have clinical strength moisturizers that give you better looking, more supple lips? Yes. After using my Color Burst Lip Butter for a while, my lips became intensely chapped, dry, and painful, and within two days of using this balm, my lips started to heal. Within 5 days my lips were near completely healed. It was kinda amazing. My lips feel much smoother and deeply moisturized, and most importantly, healthy, since I've started using this product.Pink Punch as a light, delicate fruity flavor and scent. It's pleasant but subtle, so it shouldn't bother you if you're sensitive to lip scents.
So do I recommend Maybelline Baby Lips? Hecks yes I does. I prefer them over the Revlon Lip Butters in both moisture, color, and value. I feel like these little lip balms are so underrated and over looked. While Baby Lips don't have the class, style, and color selection Revlon Butters and L'Oreal Color Riche Balms do, it makes up for it with value and moisture. I hope you pick a Baby Lip balm up next time you hit your local drugstore, your lips will love you for it. This is a definite repurchase for me. I may even pick up another shade, for variety's sake. This is my go-to lip product, so a backup can't hurt. I <3 this lip balm. :3



Active Ingredients:
Octinoxate, Octisalate

Inactive Ingredients:
Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candeelilla Wax, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Dibutyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe, Calcium Pantothenate, Honey, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondrotin Sulfate, Atelocollagen
May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Red 7, Red 22 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Carmine, 

4 comments

  1. I have this too I have been testing it out. So far I really like it. I really like the scent.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the clear one and I love the formula but hate the smell!! I wonder if they all smell the same? I think I am going to try this one out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Baby Lips! they are so smooth and work great!

    ♥ http://fashionxfairytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete