Bodycology Cucumber Melon Body Cream Review




 Bodycology's Cucumber Melon body cream is supposed to provide "lasting moisture with a light fragrance". This body cream contains aloe vera, shea butter, and vitamins C&E, and doesn't contain parabens. I purchased this lotion at Target for $1.99 for 2 fl oz. Bodycology is available at most drug and grocery stores. Bodycology makes their products in the USA, and doesn't test their finalized products on animals.

 The packaging to this body cream is very appealing, and conveys a natural image. The tube is a light green with black lettering. It features pictures of half a cantaloupe and slices of cucumbers. The back of the tube offers some information on the product and an ingredient listing. The cap is a clear plastic flip top, that dispenses a thin string of lotion.
This body cream has a thick, white formula that sinks in quickly and makes your skin feel quite soft. It moisturizes well but I wouldn't call it "long lasting". I feel the need to reapply after an hour or two. This cream contains a lot of nourishing ingredients, but I can't really tell. It doesn't make my skin feel or look healthier. One bonus is that you don't need much cream for a good coating. For the note I've only used this on my hands, as it seems like I'd finish up the bottle in one go if I tried to use it on my whole body. It suggests using it on elbows, knees, heels and other dry spots, but it doesn't really feel like the "blissful indulgence" the back of the tube claims it will. I much prefer St. Ives for intense dryness.

 I'm really not digging Bodycology's cucumber melon scent. I know cucumber melon is one of those scent combos that's super popular, and every bath and body company makes, but I'm not one of those girls who obsesses over it. I like it, but I prefer fruitier scents n'at. Bodycology's however, is my least favorite of all the cucumber melon's I've tried. The top note of the scent is plastic, with faint whiffs of cucumber and melon, and none of the freesia mentioned in the description. I don't think it smells like the "dewy summer morning" Bodycology compares it to. The scent of plastic isn't really "crisp" or "cool" to me. It doesn't smell awful, just artificial and waxy, which is strange because Bodycology seems to use a decent amount of natural ingredients. It must be because of the tube.
Bodycology's Cucumber Melon Body Cream is only ok. It's an affordable option if you want a hand cream to keep in your purse, it's the perfect size for a bag really. I also think the packaging is pretty. I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase this buy this cream, and won't be repurchasing it after I finish it up. This cream was my first experience with Bodycology and it kind of left me with a poor impression of the brand. I'll probably try another one of their products, out of curiosity, but it will be of another one of their scents.

Ingredients:
Water, Soy Bean Oil, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin, Cocoa Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Tocophyeryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

May Contain:
Red 4, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1, Red 33, Ext. Violet, Green 3.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...