Covergirl Natureluxe Water Resistant Mascara Review

 Covergirl's Natureluxe Mascara is a mousse mascara that claims to be 25% lighter than your average mascaras, because Covergirl removed the "heavy synthetic waxes" from their mascaras, and added "a touch of beeswax". Covergirl says the "light as air", mousse formula will give you "luxurious volume".  This mascara is famous for the controversial add featuring Taylor Swift. Covergirl mascaras are hypoallergenic and opthalmologist tested. Covergirl manufactures their products in the US, and unfortunately, tests on animals. I purchased my tube of Natureluxe, in Very Black, at Ulta for $8.99 for .27fl oz, or 5g.

Packaging is only ok. You can tell Covergirl is really trying to push the image of this mascara as natural. The tube is a light minty green and features the Covergirl logo in blue writing. There's a little leafy design on the tube, that means its environmentally friendly and all natural, right? I like the size of the tube. It's not another huge tube that takes up too much of the precious room in my mascara drawer.
 Natureluxe's brush is also a light minty green, at least before you dip it into the tube. It has rubber bristles that taper in towards the top. It's a good size for my eye shape, about an inch long. It's really not anything special. I do like that it's bristles aren't as sharp and scratchy as Lash Blast Volume's.
Natureluxe applies nicely with absolutely no clumping, even with as many as 3 coats. That's pretty boss. The formula has a soft, whipped, moussey texture as promised. It's super dark and pigmented.
At first I didn't like Natureluxe, but it turns out I was wearing it wrong. For optimal results, Natureluxe needs to be applies in two slow coats, allowed to partially dry in between. The results are really nice. Deep, dark, black lashes with a great amount of volume and length. Way better than what I expected. Natureluxe wears really well, no flakes or smudges at all, even in the greasy, hot kitchen. It's also true to its water resistant claim. Do you know how often I get splashed in the face with both water and grease, and this mascara stays put. #winning. Despite holding up wonderfully through the day, Natureluxe removes effortlessly with just a little bit of oil based makeup remover. It's restored my faith in waterproof mascara, after years of using Maybelline's removal-proof mascaras.
I have a few qualms with this mascara too. Covergirl really wants to project a natural, good for your lashes image for this mascara. Why not actually branch out and make a bold move and make an actually natural mascara, instead of just adding a "touch of beeswax" into a formula that's full of parabens and other junk. Man up Covergirl.

Honestly though, I can't say Natureluxe is bad for my lashes. It wears really light, it feels like I have bare lashes. It doesn't make my lashes fall out, nor does it give me itchy lashes. And since I've started wearing it, my lashes seem longer. That could just be coincidental though.

Covergirl Natureluxe mascara is actually pretty good if you apply it well. It's a great mascara if you want your lashes to feel natural and look dramatic. Just don't get suckered into the natural claims. The packaging could be cuter, but that's not what I buy a mascara for, so I won't nitpick. This holds up great through my day, yet still removes easily, which is all I ask from a waterproof mascara. I'll likely repurchase this one more time, to last me until I quit in summer. I recommend it! n_n

Ingredients: 
Water/Eau, Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Cetearyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Shellac, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Alcohol Denat., Lecithin, Ethylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Gluconate, Iron Oxides, 

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide

2 comments

  1. I'm exited to try this when my friend comes to visit from the US :)

    ReplyDelete