Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara Review




Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara claims to help lashes grow longer and stronger while adding length and volume. The "lash enhancing formula" supposedly compliments your lashes natural growth cycle. It's opthalmologist tested and is available in 4 shades. I purchased the shade Blackest Black from Rite Aid for $7.99.

This mascara's packaging is very pretty and appealing. It's what originally made me interested in the mascara, and I'm rarely a sucker for packaging. The longer than average tube is a bright, metallic green with silver lettering. The Grow Luscious logo is really cute, a set of lashes are 'growing' out of the O, and through the W. 

Grow Luscious' brush is massive. It's quite long and thick. It doesn't taper much at the end, so it can be a bit of a mess to get in the inner corners and lower lashes. The size and shape of a brush like this doesn't really cater to my eye shape, but does wonders for my lashes. Aside from it's tradition bristles not being so dense, Grow Luscious' brush is quite similar to Almay's Intense i-Color Mascara's. Which is kinda ironic since I unintentionally purchased both on the same day.

Revlon simply claims that Grow Luscious will add Length and Volume. Nothing outrageous, no percentages. I like when a company keeps it's promises simple. The formula of this mascara is a good consistency. Not a dry mascara or a wet mascara. It doesn't clump or flake, or smudge. It applies evenly on my lashes. Grow Luscious adds a really nice amount of length to my lashes, with a good bit of volume. It even holds a curl pretty well. Just as promised. Its not a particularly natural looking mascara, but it doesn't make your lashes look like falsies. Its also not super dramatic either, so it's definitely a mascara you can swipe on and go without any other makeup. Everything about this mascara is very even. It offers a little bit of everything with nothing left to be desired.This mascara also wears very well. I only get the slightest flaking on the bottom lashes. I don't even get itchy lashes from this, no matter how long I wear it. Grow Luscious removes easily with water and liquid makeup remover. It's also available in a waterproof formula.

As for the growth part in the Grow Luscious name, I haven't experienced any additional lash length. But really when it comes to serum infused mascaras, it takes consistent wear over a long period of time to see any results, and really, don't expect a miracle from it. Because I rotate between several mascaras, I can't really take the time to test out Grow Luscious' lash growth abilities.

I recommend Revlon's Grown Luscious mascara if you're looking for a mascara that does a little bit of everything, wears well, and might promote lash growth. There's really nothing bad to say about this mascara, other than $8 is a little bit pricey to me, but so far it seems worth it. I probably won't repurchase, but I'm open to trying other Revlon mascaras.

Leave a Comment

  1. Yay moar mascaras! review ALL the mascaras!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...